Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Southeast (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/southeast-35/)
-   -   NC roads are CRAP!!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/southeast/153563-nc-roads-are-crap.html)

THABULL 09-23-2007 06:32 PM

NC roads are CRAP!!!

If you live or travel in NC. I shouldn't haft to explain. Some arejust out rightdangerous on a m/c due to the pi$$ poor maintainance.

moondog99 09-23-2007 06:45 PM

RE: NC roads are CRAP!!!

We just got from vacationing in NC and found all the roads we rode on to be quite nice. But then again we were in the mountain area. You want rough roads come to Louisiana we were voted to have the worst roads of all states per the DOT. Now that is something to be proud of.

jetmech 09-23-2007 07:12 PM

A few yrs back we had tax dollars for such things as roads...Now we issues in our state we didnt have back then,Enough said from me....

tankerwyf 09-23-2007 08:05 PM

I've seen way worse! There are some around here that are bad, but for the most part they're fine. What part of NC did you visit?

THABULL 09-23-2007 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: tankerwyf

I've seen way worse! There are some around here that are bad, but for the most part they're fine. What part of NC did you visit?
I live here in the foothills and all the roads around here are patched to death , a strip here a strip there , creating dangerous transition in the curves.

orangecrush 09-23-2007 09:02 PM

You obviously have never ridden up North. The roads freeze in the winter and swell in the summer, they're just crap....

Though the roads here are in need of repair, I assure you they're a million times better than up North. In fact, when I moved down here back in the early 90's, I actually called my friends on the way down here telling them how nice the roads were....lol.

ko4qc 09-23-2007 09:10 PM

Slow down...DUH!...:>)

THABULL 09-23-2007 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: orangecrush

You obviously have never ridden up North. The roads freeze in the winter and swell in the summer, they're just crap....

Though the roads here are in need of repair, I assure you they're a million times better than up North. In fact, when I moved down here back in the early 90's, I actually called my friends on the way down here telling them how nice the roads were....lol.

I drive a truck all over the country , trust me our roads are way behind in maintanance these days.

Tony P 09-24-2007 11:59 AM

Outrside of the parkway, you may be right.... highway needs some work...

EZ2Rider 10-08-2007 06:25 PM

Interesting, I find some counties are much worse than others in this respect. I ride the Parkway alot and traverse 16 down the mountains and sometimes 18 and 421. I know when I'm in Alleghany(good roads) and can tell when I enter Wilkes (fair roads). The worst is 67 between I77 and Booneville. Talk about ruts, high spots and grooves!

EZ