Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Lone Star Rally is coming up 🍻

Old 10-11-2018, 09:41 PM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

I've got crap scheduled that weekend already that I can't move around, but damn I'd like to go down Thursday and come back Friday. Maybe I can swing it. Been a long time since I've been to one.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:04 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Gone every year for past 10 years; and plan on being there this year as well.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:02 PM
gasman1620
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going down for my first time ever. Any suggestions on places to go, things to see, things or areas to steer clear of?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:26 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,163 Posts

Originally Posted by gasman1620
I'm going down for my first time ever. Any suggestions on places to go, things to see, things or areas to steer clear of?
Never been to Galveston?

If you have, you know to avoid the trolley tracks!

If you park on The Strand during the rally, don’t get blocked in or you’ll be there a while.

Watch out for DPS!

If you partake, there’s Woody’s Beach Bar and The Spot. On the Mainland (Santa Fe) there’s a good biker bar called Cruisers. If you get hungry, there are several seafood places, one being Benno’s Cajun Seafood. For Tex-Mex, I like The Original Mexican Cafe’. For decent BBQ, there’s Queen’s and for breakfast there’s Miller’s Landing.

You can ride the ferry across the ship channel to Bolivar Peninsula if you want to kill a few hours. Of course, there’s The Historic Pleasure Pier if you’re into carnival rides.

There’s the Outlaw Dave Ranch Ride from Stubb’s H-D to the rally Saturday morning. Donation $20 benefitting Stevens & Pruitt Ranch for “at risk” youth.

Check out http://www.lonestarrally.com for all the rally events, shows and concerts.

Be safe and have fun!

Old 10-29-2018, 02:03 PM
gasman1620
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy

Never been to Galveston?

If you have, you know to avoid the trolley tracks!

If you park on The Strand during the rally, don’t get blocked in or you’ll be there a while.

Watch out for DPS!

If you partake, there’s Woody’s Beach Bar and The Spot. On the Mainland (Santa Fe) there’s a good biker bar called Cruisers. If you get hungry, there are several seafood places, one being Benno’s Cajun Seafood. For Tex-Mex, I like The Original Mexican Cafe’. For decent BBQ, there’s Queen’s and for breakfast there’s Miller’s Landing.

You can ride the ferry across the ship channel to Bolivar Peninsula if you want to kill a few hours. Of course, there’s The Historic Pleasure Pier if you’re into carnival rides.

There’s the Outlaw Dave Ranch Ride from Stubb’s H-D to the rally Saturday morning. Donation $20 benefitting Stevens & Pruitt Ranch for “at risk” youth.

Check out http://www.lonestarrally.com for all the rally events, shows and concerts.

Be safe and have fun!
We ride down there pretty often, I just didn't know if there was anything particular about the rally that I need to see. If it's like other rallies that I've been too it's a lot of walking around and bsing. I'm coming with my crew so we'll be able to entertain ourselves for sure.

Thanks for the info.

The following users liked this post:
GalvTexGuy (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 08:01 PM
fish-r-ride
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I am finally getting to go. Been wanting to for awhile. Booked a spot at the State Park as soon as I could last year. Won't be riding the bike though. Last April a car ran a red light and t- boned me and broke my wife's neck. She can't ride yet,if ever, but we are still going. The sites and sound will be great.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:33 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Heading down in the morning, to all rolling that way....safe travels ���� See ya there ��

Old 11-02-2018, 06:12 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Going to miss it this year!! First time in years that I wont be there. We bought a new house in the hill country and have landscapers working, so I need to hang around and supervise them.
Everyone ride safe

Old 11-02-2018, 09:16 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,163 Posts

I saw the weirdest thing yesterday. Walking down the middle of The Strand were about 8-10 Galveston PD SWAT officers. I mean, these guys were fully outfitted with tactical military-styled gear. I didn't snap a photo because I was kind of in shock. They looked like they were getting ready to head to the Middle East.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:06 AM
craftkr
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Stuck working this weekend and won't make it... post pics!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lone Star Rally is coming up 🍻