Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

7th Annual Burn Camp Run to Prescott June 14th

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
UncleCLuvs2ride
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7th Annual Burn Camp Run to Prescott June 14th

The Wind and Fire Motorcyle club, Phoenix Chapter is once again having a run to benefit "Camp Courage". Camp Courage is a week long camp held up in the cool pines near Prescott that helps kids with serious burn injuries. Many of the participants will ride to the camp and have lunch with the kids, but only a limited number of people can actually go to the camp, and this "lunch with the kids" is optional. The rest of us can do our part by simply joining the ride from Phoenix to Prescott. All of the rider's fees go to benefit this worth while organization.

This run is held on Monday June 14th. Riders will meet at a Phoenix fire station for registration, and hope to be on the road to Prescott by around 0800. Tucson folks will probably meet up around 0600 for the "pre-ride" to Phoenix (at least is will be cooler!). This is an annual event hosted by Wind and Fire, and they have set up a special rate at a hotel in Prescott for those who wish to stay. I would like to make it a two day ride, maybe with a ride up around Jerome and Oak Creek on Tuesday before returning home.

Here is the link to the ride info...just click on "Burn Camp" along the top.

http://www.windandfirephoenixchapter.com/

I will watch this thread, and continue to provide updates and information. As we get closer, we can set a meet point for the Tucson/Southern Az riders.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Chuck Shaffer
520-940-3909
ShafferFF@Gmail.com

Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
deucegray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck , sounds like a good cause . I will check with work schedule and see if I can swing at least one day .