Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Farewell Sporty

Old 10-09-2014, 06:21 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Farewell Sporty

I traded my 2013 Anniversary Sportster yesterday on a 2015 Tri Glide. I know that's like going from one end of the spectrum to the other but I'm happy with my decision. I enjoyed my Sportster for the short time I had it and I am sincerely appreciative of this forum. Members here have answered many questions for me and the forum is full of great information. My Sportster is already at the dealership but I don't pick up the Tri Glide till a week from Friday when the accessories installation is complete. Not too many riding days left here in Wisconsin but I hope to make some miles on the Tri Glide before winter storage. Thanks to all and I will continue to check in to see what is going on in the Sportster world.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:33 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,073 Posts

That Sporty was a beauty, and we'll miss you on this side. I'm sure the Tri-Glide forum will be just as great. Enjoy the new ride!

Old 10-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Rick7938
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you enjoy many new adventures on the Triglide. I've never ridden one, but they look like they would be a great ride. Best of luck.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:42 AM
KJB
Tourer

Well here we are 4+ years later and guess what, I have another 110th Anniversary Sportster. I often regretted letting my original Anniversary Sportster go so I would browse the ads occasionally. One popped up at a Wisconsin dealer 3 hours away from my Wisconsin home. Yesterday (12/29) I stopped in to check it out. I was blown away. The dealer advertised it with 4,680 miles in excellent condition. After seeing it I would label it showroom condition. I looked long and hard for any blemishes and didn't find any. The dealer was aggressively trying to sell bikes on the last selling day of 2018 so with a little back and forth we got together on a deal. The bike will be shipped to Florida while my Trike will remain in Wisconsin. The bike is 100% stock with the exception of a Cobra exhaust. This may be a negative for me since I live in a Florida condo community where I'm not out to see how much noise I can make. But I'll try it before I make any exhaust changes. I heard it run inside the showroom and it was louder than I'd like. But I'm excited to have a Sporty back in the mix.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Nice score!

Old 12-30-2018, 08:49 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 954 Likes on 657 Posts

Great find, looks really like new on that picture.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:05 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

Looks like you found a nice one.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Sweet, I too have a Sportster and a Tri Glide...picked up a the sporty to get the “ two wheel” feeling back. The TG is the US bike, the sporty for me only...wish I saw this earlier, just bought some V&H exhaust, I would have traded you my stock for yours, but oh well...I’m sure you can fine some stock exhaust easy enough
enjoy the sporty, ride safe

Old 12-31-2018, 07:38 AM
KJB
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Casper
Sweet, I too have a Sportster and a Tri Glide...picked up a the sporty to get the “ two wheel” feeling back. The TG is the US bike, the sporty for me only...wish I saw this earlier, just bought some V&H exhaust, I would have traded you my stock for yours, but oh well...I’m sure you can fine some stock exhaust easy enough
enjoy the sporty, ride safe
Yeah I'm wondering if stock exhaust isn't sitting on a shelf somewhere. I put Street Canons on my Trike but I still have the stock mufflers which will likely never be used. The other thing is at 70 I wondered if I should forget about 2 wheels but interestingly the guy who traded this Sporty in is 82 years old and he bought a new Fat Boy. That's encouraging.

Last edited by KJB; 12-31-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by KJB
Yeah I'm wondering if stock exhaust isn't sitting on a shelf somewhere. I put Street Canons on my Trike but I still have the stock mufflers which will likely never be used. The other thing is at 70 I wondered if I should forget about 2 wheels but interestingly the guy who traded this Sporty in is 82 years old and he bought a new Fat Boy. That's encouraging.
as long as you can safely handle the sporty and it’s financially OK, I say keep the sporty. Nice change of rides.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Farewell Sporty