Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air shocks, Viking bags next

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Michael Ficken
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Air shocks, Viking bags next

Got the new air shocks on today, wow what a difference they make. Anybody that is considering doing this should. I purchased a 13" set, with my mustang seat its like riding on air. Here are some pics. I also added the quick detach rack to the back. Looks good over all. Today i purchased some hard saddlebags for it. I will upload more pics, if you want when those get installed. I ordered viking bags lam-800l, they are hard leather covered bags with locks. i hope they will look right. Anyways thanks for all your help with everything. I got all the reference numbers from post's here, and all the info for install here. What a helpful bunch of people we have on this forum.

Attached Thumbnails Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1826.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1825.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1827.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1828.jpg  
Old 10-17-2014, 02:00 PM
crawrj
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you going to have to relocate the lights to accommodate the bags?

Old 10-17-2014, 02:51 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by crawrj
Are you going to have to relocate the lights to accommodate the bags?
Yep, signals will need to be relocated. Viking offers a relo kit, but it only works with the fender mounted License & Taillight. Gonna need to get creative there.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Str8chuter
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A word to the wise, Viking Bags are like the little girl with the curl in her hair; when she's good, she's very good and when she's bad she's horrid. I had a few issues with them and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired - it's not like it was when Bobby was there. He was always very helpful in helping to solve a customer's problem, now not so much. G-d willing and the creek don't rise, you will get lucky and not have any problems with the product.

Ride Safe - Ride Smart

"He Who Lives In Joy Does His Creator's Will".
The Baal Shem Tov, Founder of Chasidic Judaism... ca. 1750s

Old 10-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Michael Ficken
Advanced

I hope they are right. We will see. I am looking forward to having some of my gear with me.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Michael Ficken
Advanced
Smile

Okay, got the bags mocked up, now I am making my brackets for the license plate. I plan to finish this today. I am waiting for paint to dry LOL. So I figured I would throw up a couple of pics. Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1977.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1978.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1979.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1981.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1983.jpg  

Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 AM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

Michael, what brand air shocks are those? They look great on the bike too.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:14 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

As we all have, HD bager-glide, SG or similar take-off's, discards, what ever you wanna call it.
$50 gets a set, loads of write-ups across the site, another bike entirely. How do I know?

Old 11-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Michael Ficken
Advanced

The shocks are off a 2012 street glide. They are awesome. I found a thread on the forum here that was taking about them. There is a lot of threads that are talking about it actually. Here is the finished product. What does everybody think. I like it. Hopefully the bags stand the test of time.

Attached Thumbnails Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1989.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1990.jpg   Air shocks, Viking bags next-img_1992.jpg  
Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Racer99
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Ficken
The shocks are off a 2012 street glide. They are awesome. I found a thread on the forum here that was taking about them. There is a lot of threads that are talking about it actually. Here is the finished product. What does everybody think. I like it. Hopefully the bags stand the test of time.
Looks awesome. Looks like you spreaded them wider, as I noticed more clearance between the bags and shocks. Did you have to use any spacers on your shocks? also, is this a quick disconnect for your hard bags?

Racer

Quick Reply: Air shocks, Viking bags next