Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 09:35 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Sid1200
This is mine for now. It is completely stock with just the bags added (just bought it that way). It will look a little different in the spring.

Bike already looks good. Please share pics when you are done with your project. Thanks for sharing

Old 01-03-2015, 09:38 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rog48
I baggerized my 883. It looked nice and was super comfortable but became boring. Ended up selling it.

You sold your HD for a sportsbike? Are you out of your mind...lol...nah just joking.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:01 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Next project (just ordered parts) is to install DK Custom's high flow 587 Chrome Bobber Air Cleaner, ViED fuel management, and Thunder Torque Inserts 118W...working on improving performance and deepen the tone of the exhaust. These are simple do-it-yourself projects.

Last edited by hscic; 01-04-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
You sold your HD for a sportsbike? Are you out of your mind...lol...nah just joking.
I had 3 sportsters, sold 2.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Dog812
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my bags everyday, work, gym, whatever.. I couldnt ride without them..

Old 01-03-2015, 12:16 PM
ranran4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you put this together? My cousin got a sportster to ride regularly in place of his K9 show chopper. I'd like to know details please.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:02 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dog812
I use my bags everyday, work, gym, whatever.. I couldnt ride without them..

True, so true. I used a backpack before getting saddlebags. So good not to have to carry anything or strap anything to the bike

Old 01-03-2015, 01:10 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ranran4
how did you put this together? My cousin got a sportster to ride regularly in place of his K9 show chopper. I'd like to know details please.
when you say put this together, specifically what are your referring to? What details are you requesting. Certain things were done by a certified mechanic, certain things were done by the dealership service, and certain things were done myself. For example, I purchased the wheels/tire, rotor, and brake pads online but I had the harley dealership install to ensure proper alignment and spacing. I still have more than 4 years left on my warranty so need to be sure I do not void warranty.

Last edited by hscic; 01-03-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:51 PM
ranran4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
when you say put this together, specifically what are your referring to? What details are you requesting. Certain things were done by a certified mechanic, certain things were done by the dealership service, and certain things were done myself. For example, I purchased the wheels/tire, rotor, and brake pads online but I had the harley dealership install to ensure proper alignment and spacing. I still have more than 4 years left on my warranty so need to be sure I do not void warranty.

Well, to give you an idea of what's going on here they are cutting frames, adding rakes and putting 30 inch front wheels and air rides on bikes. stretched bags, etc. I run West coast style so my softail has a 21, apes etc. Problem is: most of these guys have spent so much in their bikes that they do not want to regularly ride. He bought this bike so we can turn corners but I know him well enough to know he wants a little flair. Yours is one of the nicest bagger sportster I've seen here and I really like the stance and setup.

Mechanics be dammed, we can handle all that. Really I'd like to know specifically where did you get the bag mount kit, and I think the seat is Lepera? Factory bags? If not what did you do about the exhaust hitting?

Old 01-03-2015, 02:13 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ranran4
Well, to give you an idea of what's going on here they are cutting frames, adding rakes and putting 30 inch front wheels and air rides on bikes. stretched bags, etc. I run West coast style so my softail has a 21, apes etc. Problem is: most of these guys have spent so much in their bikes that they do not want to regularly ride. He bought this bike so we can turn corners but I know him well enough to know he wants a little flair. Yours is one of the nicest bagger sportster I've seen here and I really like the stance and setup.

Mechanics be dammed, we can handle all that. Really I'd like to know specifically where did you get the bag mount kit, and I think the seat is Lepera? Factory bags? If not what did you do about the exhaust hitting?
Thanks for the explanation...makes sense now, and thank you for the compliment. I could not find the right quick release mounted hard saddlebags that sat close to the fender anywhere in the US so I went to Tsukaya. You can check out the mounts on their website...it was included with the bags, The exhaust and shocks had sufficient clearance even after lowering it an 1". Bags came with single element LED so requested red (normally amber) and wired for additional brake lights. They can color match but I had a local graphics painter do mine. All of this at a reasonable price....and price does matter. I think the only thing I would do different is provide more clearance for the turn signal relocation as the lower profile license plate mounting make the bullet turn signals rest against the bags which damages the paint. Hope that helps.

Last edited by hscic; 01-03-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger