Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:28 PM
Inkt
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My '02 1200 with factory hard bags. Bought it this way, thought my girlfriend would love it since it's purple and blingy but she's scared of it, so I'm getting rid of all the painted parts and in the process of turning it into a scrambler.

The following 2 users liked this post by Inkt:
Dheez (09-20-2017), hscic (09-19-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 02:48 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Try to add North Carolina to your trip. You will like the scenery here.
You were not wrong.
3 days riding.
Picked the bike up in Atlanta, up to Maggie Valley, across to Deals Gap and then back down the 60 to drop the bike off.
Some great riding!!

Old 10-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Custom1200hd
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportster custom

Attached Thumbnails Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger-image.png  
Old 10-25-2017, 10:18 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Custom1200hd
Love that mid-glide and your aux. lamps on the custom. Wider front wheel must make for a better ride. Nice looking ride and a chrome guy. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:17 PM
dougj3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what hard bags are those. They are very nice.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:54 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Not sure who you are asking but the hard saddlebags on my ride is from Tsukaya. BensonUK has the same bags.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:02 AM
rdunnill
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
Sorry to hear that, you got a sweet ride too bad the gremlins came with the new hardware, if you do mods (I'm guessing you will) let us see what happens, I know DK is quite conscientious and may chip-in to help sort this out. They did for me when my tuner went AWOL.
May I ask how you mounted the touring luggage?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 AM
cacomly
Road Master
Received 585 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by cacomly
Here is mine. Doesn't look as good as most but it is functional. 203,000 miles as of January 2017

Here's an update to my bike. I had a custom auxiliary fuel tank made that bolts under the tourpak to clean up everything and move the weight forward. I also added a 1 gallon water jug for long rides where a simple water bottle would not suffice. I now have 228,000 miles on it.

Sadly, in May I lost the engine due to oil starvation. I buy oil in gallon jugs and would refill old quart oil bottles and keep one or two in my saddle bag. The stupid cardboard disk that is inside the older oil bottles came loose and I did not notice it when I dumped a quart of oil in. I took it for a ride and did not realize I had a problem until it was too late since my oil pressure light was not working. Because time was short and I needed to head out to the start of the 2017 Iron Butt rally a month after the self destruction I had to buy a used engine off ebay rather than rebuild mine, hence the chrome cam cover and rocker boxes on the photo below. There is much more to this story, click here for the write up in my blog if interested

Here's the "cockpit" I run 2 GPS units, just below the speedometer is my wireless controller for my heated gear, on the right is a water bottle holder, and on the master cylinder is my Spot Tracker that is a satellite based tracker so my wife knows I am alive (or at least my bike is moving) so I don't have to call her during the day to let her know I am ok. Small price to pay for her peace of mind

Last edited by cacomly; 02-15-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:33 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Love reading your adventures Chris
KNow where to go should I ever need information about riding around the US

The following users liked this post:
cacomly (02-16-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:04 PM
cchuck3537
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

This is the best thing i have read in a while!

Originally Posted by cacomly
Here's an update to my bike. I had a custom auxiliary fuel tank made that bolts under the tourpak to clean up everything and move the weight forward. I also added a 1 gallon water jug for long rides where a simple water bottle would not suffice. I now have 228,000 miles on it.

Sadly, in May I lost the engine due to oil starvation. I buy oil in gallon jugs and would refill old quart oil bottles and keep one or two in my saddle bag. The stupid cardboard disk that is inside the older oil bottles came loose and I did not notice it when I dumped a quart of oil in. I took it for a ride and did not realize I had a problem until it was too late since my oil pressure light was not working. Because time was short and I needed to head out to the start of the 2017 Iron Butt rally a month after the self destruction I had to buy a used engine off ebay rather than rebuild mine, hence the chrome cam cover and rocker boxes on the photo below. There is much more to this story, click here for the write up in my blog if interested

Here's the "cockpit" I run 2 GPS units, just below the speedometer is my wireless controller for my heated gear, on the right is a water bottle holder, and on the master cylinder is my Spot Tracker that is a satellite based tracker so my wife knows I am alive (or at least my bike is moving) so I don't have to call her during the day to let her know I am ok. Small price to pay for her peace of mind

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger