Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:33 AM
RRider
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Well done

The following users liked this post:
SkidMarks (06-23-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 AM
Mac-427
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Sportster Custom With Bags

Here are a couple of shots of my wife's 2017 Sportster Custom 1200 with Harley bags. She's riding it to work today.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:51 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man
Has anyone managed to install decent bags on an Iron without relocating the turn signas and plate? I am so frustrated with this. I really want to keep my expensive modified 1200 Iron, but I need bags. I hate the look of the relocated turn signals. I’m almost at the point of trading for a street glide. Any ideas?
I put soft bags on without moving my turn signals

Old 06-22-2018, 11:06 AM
omu0523
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

previous and now custom my sportster
​​​​​​I like both of them...

Last edited by omu0523; 06-22-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:23 AM
tomcatg
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man
Has anyone managed to install decent bags on an Iron without relocating the turn signas and plate? I am so frustrated with this. I really want to keep my expensive modified 1200 Iron, but I need bags. I hate the look of the relocated turn signals. I’m almost at the point of trading for a street glide. Any ideas?
I am looking as well...but I want detachable as well to make it more complicated..lol.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

The only ones I found are the following:
1) numerous throw-overs, which you will need those fugly brackets to keep them from hitting the bike. Also don’t work with solo seats.
2) Viking sportster specific bag model 16019. Great bags. Well made and great price. They are a bit wide for a sportster but so what? They work with the tail lights and and plate right where they are. Only problem is my HD dealer could not install them. Their mounting system is odd and doesn’t work well, especially the rear bolts. I know there have been people who managed to get them mounted, but I’ve heard many stories about having to fabricate bolts, brackets, etc... I am not handy enough to do that, so I was willing to pay the dealer’s “master mechanic”, and he could not do it. So “simple” and “easy” would not be adjectives I would use to describe mounting these. Too bad. I really wanted them.
3) Ends Cuoio. These are high quality, real leather bags, made in Italy, with great looking design, and work with lights and plate in place. They can be hard mounted or detachable with key lock. The brackets use the shock bolt and the middle fender bolt, and looks like a pice or cake to install in their videos. Only negatives are HUGE price tag, and doing business with Italy is not exactly as simple as ordering on Amazon.

I came up up with a solution, (but I would still prefer bags someday). My solution is a Motherwell style rear contour fender rack, and using the driver’ backrest on my Mustang Day Tripper solo seat. This combination works like a sissy bar with luggage rack in that I can use the Viking Axwell bag for day trips, and HD premium overnight bag for overnights. Both have an easy on and off strap in the back meant for sissy bar attachment, that fits securely over my backrest. From there just attach a few quick release straps or small bungees. This provides a quick-detach set up that doesn’t alter the look of the bike, and carries quite a bit of stuff, but still allows for around town use with none of it, and only using the solo swing arm bag. Not perfect, but as close to best of all worlds solution for me. I’ll post some shots as soon as it stops raining.

tomcatg (06-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 07:43 PM
14IronCross
Banned
Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts

Removed vikingbags that did not require plate/turn signal relocation (I did not like them at all)
Then installed plate/signal relocation from HD
And VikingBags Lamellar which are way better than the other ones.
I should have done that in the first place

cacomly (08-24-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 08:19 PM
underwhelmd
Tourer
Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 14IronCross
Removed vikingbags that did not require plate/turn signal relocation (I did not like them at all)

Very Nice. They look size appropriate for that bike.

14IronCross (08-24-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 08:54 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

nice bags...very clean look and follows the contours of the bike nicely. The rear view looks like the bike came with those bags.

You must have replaced your 2.1 gal peanut tank with a larger 4.5 gal tank...do plan to color-match the the tank with the rest of the bike or do you prefer the contrast?

Last edited by hscic; 08-23-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:11 AM
cacomly
Road Master
Received 585 Likes on 361 Posts

I agree, sharp looking bike

14IronCross (08-24-2018)

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger