Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let’s HEAR what you got! Post your exhaust sound videos...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Beautiful bike Chris. Here are my American Custom slip-ons with DK Thunder Torque inserts...

The nice thing about the American Custom mufflers is that they are made from stock harley pipes that they have modded with their own baffles, so they retain the original factory look (which has always been one of my favorites) while sounding significantly better. The Thunder Torques made them even better sounding. Thanks DK.

Last edited by Thingfish; 01-27-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Beautiful bike Chris. Here are my American Custom slip-ons with DK Thunder Torque inserts...

SPORTSTER 1200 72 WITH THUNDER TORQUES AND AMERICAN CUSTOM EXHAUST - YouTube

The nice thing about the American Custom mufflers is that they are made from stock harley pipes that they have modded with their own baffles, so they retain the original factory look (which has always been one of my favorites) while sounding significantly better. The Thunder Torques made them even better sounding. Thanks DK.

Is that with the TTI W118 or W158? Were you using the same device to record sound? The recording with TTIs sound distorted. I know the video doesn't do it justice but suggest taking another sound recording with the TTI's......since the recording without TTIs sound deeper and louder and I know that can't be right.

Thanks for posting. Getting my W158s soon to replace my W118 so will post sounds soon. Ride Safe.

Last edited by hscic; 01-27-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by hscic
Is that with the TTI W118 or W158? Were you using the same device to record sound? The recording with TTIs sound distorted. I know the video doesn't do it justice but suggest taking another sound recording with the TTI's......since the recording without TTIs sound deeper and louder and I know that can't be right.

Thanks for posting. Getting my W158s soon to replace my W118 so will post sounds soon. Ride Safe.
That is the 118. Same device recorded both back to back (iPhone 4s). On my speakers the TTI sound way deeper and not distorted. They also sound much crisper and defined. I wonder if it's your speakers? Maybe the TTIs were too loud for my camera to capture and it activated some kind of auto limiter to reduce the recording levels, but on my computer they sound fine. Maybe someone else can chime in with their ears. You're right, standing next to the bike there is no question the TTI were much louder and better sounding.

I will shoot more video when I put in the 158 this weekend.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

That is the 118. Same device recorded both back to back (iPhone 4s). On my speakers the TTI sound way deeper and not distorted. They also sound much crisper and defined. I wonder if it's your speakers? Maybe the TTIs were too loud for my camera to capture and it activated some kind of auto limiter to reduce the recording levels, but on my computer they sound fine. Maybe someone else can chime in with their ears. You're right, standing next to the bike there is no question the TTI were much louder and better sounding.

I will shoot more video when I put in the 158 this weekend.
My computer speakers could very well be the culprit....I have Bose speakers on my computer. Can't wait to hear more...Thanks

Old 01-28-2015, 01:26 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

My computer speakers could very well be the culprit....I have Bose speakers on my computer. Can't wait to hear more...Thanks
I wonder if it sounds better with headphones? I'm excited about the 158 too, but I'm also really happy with the 118. I've read about these for a long time and i'm glad they turned out to be so good.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:23 AM
Wi_Duker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 AM
awilson40
Road Warrior

Received 1,392 Likes on 518 Posts

Heres mine.
Radii Slip -ons.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Those Radii sound great.

Here's an update of my Thunder Torque inserts now including the 158W. They were waiting for me when I got home form work and I just couldn't wait to get them in. I added the 158 to the end of the original video for a fuller comparison. They were a tighter squeeze to get in but I think they sound better than the 118 in my pipe. felt like better low end kick while riding too. This is with a 3" pipe that narrows to a 2" opening if you're wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GM...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Thingfish; 01-29-2015 at 11:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (05-05-2016)
Old 01-30-2015, 01:35 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Those Radii sound great.

Here's an update of my Thunder Torque inserts now including the 158W. They were waiting for me when I got home form work and I just couldn't wait to get them in. I added the 158 to the end of the original video for a fuller comparison. They were a tighter squeeze to get in but I think they sound better than the 118 in my pipe. felt like better low end kick while riding too. This is with a 3" pipe that narrows to a 2" opening if you're wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GM...ature=youtu.be

SPORTSTER 72 WITH THUNDER TORQUES AND AMERICAN CUSTOM - YouTube
The W158's sound great. Now I can hear the differences between the three videos with progressively improved sounds.

BTW how did you combine the three videos with the titling of each video....good comparison video.

Last edited by hscic; 01-30-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

The W158's sound great. Now I can hear the difference between the three videos with progressively improved sounds.

BTW how do you attached videos like that with the titling of each video....good comparison video.
Thanks! Yeah the 158 (and even the 118) were really a nice improvement. 158 was definitely the best for my pipe.

I have some fancy editing software for work, but if you have a Mac computer you should have iMovie for free. On a windows system Premiere has a basic version that is cheap or free I think. There are a few free simple editing applications you can download too. Most should allow you to do titles.

Quick Reply: Let’s HEAR what you got! Post your exhaust sound videos...