Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision new install

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:20 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

But did op buy a pv or pc5? He referred to it as a "power vision 5"

Old 09-04-2016, 06:43 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Well the title is Power Vision so when OP says Power Vision 5, he probably means PV-2 since PV only has PV-1 and PV-2. Don't think he would type power vision it he meant power commander.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:02 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by hscic
Well the title is Power Vision so when OP says Power Vision 5, he probably means PV-2 since PV only has PV-1 and PV-2. Don't think he would type power vision it he meant power commander.
Thats why im asking. Something is wrong

Old 09-06-2016, 02:42 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Did you geta power vision or a power commander V.
Dynojet Power Vision Flash Tuner w/ Auto tune, using the stock narrow band sensors, hope its good. thanks for the input.

Last edited by DavidStiebel; 09-06-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-06-2016, 02:44 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior

Wish I did have those connections...maybe I will ask my neighbors...a few of them are engineers (electrical, structural, civil). I also tried ferrite cable clip to reduce interference, but that did not work. Someone was wrapping the the cable in a protective material which may work.

Thanks
You might ask about shielding the cable somehow. Good luck and thanks for the input.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
Dynojet Power Vision Flash Tuner w/ Auto tune, using the stock narrow band sensors, hope its good. thanks for the input.
Ok, i wasn't going to say anything til that was cleared up. I wasnt going to assume anything

Pv is great, best on the market. I used the same one on three bikes so far. Dynojet actually gave me a mulligan on a license (free) after my first dyna was destroyed.

I have nothing but good things to say about it. I use it all the time on both bikes I'm running right now. Used it today! Was monitoring engine temps.

The narrow band is fine and just running a few auto-tune runs on your current tune will give you some improvements.

I dont permanently route my cable because i dont always leave it on my bike and the cables (the two i have..4 pin and 6 pin) dont have covers for the contacts. I donr want to have to keep spraying contact cleaner on them.

Have fun. Here to help if you have specific questions but, there is a sub forum just for this topic.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection-55/

I wouldn't ask too many questions about it in the sporty forum. people here mean well but,....

DavidStiebel (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 11:18 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria
Ok, i wasn't going to say anything til that was cleared up. I wasnt going to assume anything

Pv is great, best on the market. I used the same one on three bikes so far. Dynojet actually gave me a mulligan on a license (free) after my first dyna was destroyed.

I have nothing but good things to say about it. I use it . . .

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...-injection-55/

I wouldn't ask too many questions about it in the sporty forum. people here mean well but,....

Hey, thanks for the input, love the ride, very cool.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:40 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Wish I did have those connections...maybe I will ask my neighbors...a few of them are engineers (electrical, structural, civil). I also tried ferrite cable clip to reduce interference, but that did not work. Someone was wrapping the the cable in a protective material which may work.

Thanks
Although I am also fighting the freezing up issue and the ferrites did not work for me either, my cable is almost too long for my Dyna. I have a good 10 inches looped up under my seat! Mine is mounted on the lower portion of my bars however by the risers.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:29 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Although I am also fighting the freezing up issue and the ferrites did not work for me either, my cable is almost too long for my Dyna. I have a good 10 inches looped up under my seat! Mine is mounted on the lower portion of my bars however by the risers.
Post a pic of where you mounted your PV. Where did you route the cable...under the tank?. 10" is a lot of slack. I tried to route the cable along the bottom frame but the cable was too short to reach the center of the bar just in front the tank. I just bought another cable and will route along the bottom frame but maybe install the PV on the engine guard or where others have relocated the speedo.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:41 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Post a pic of where you mounted your PV. Where did you route the cable...under the tank?. 10" is a lot of slack. I tried to route the cable along the bottom frame but the cable was too short to reach the center of the bar just in front the tank. I just bought another cable and will route along the bottom frame but maybe install the PV on the engine guard or where others have relocated the speedo.
Cable is current routed under the tank on the left side. Going to re-route on the right side which will end up giving me even more slack since currently the cable also runs all the way around the left of the risers over to the right side to the PV. You can also see the ferrites. I'll end up with about 18 inches of slack by re-routing! There is quite a bit of slack up at the bars that is hard to get a picture of but it is just dangling currently. Never intended to be a permanent install. The wire on the far left coming up from the front of the tank is the PV.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 09-08-2016 at 10:02 AM.
hscic (09-08-2016)

Quick Reply: Power Vision new install