Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 1200 custom 2017

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 01:01 PM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
Hey yamaharley
That being said that swapping out the front pully will alter the reading on the speedo can that be recallabrated electronicly? My brothers cbr had some sort of speed sender from the front sprocket does Harley do the same. Sorry just not familiar with these bikes as of yet
You can change the speedometer calibration with a Power Vision Tuner.
(at least on the 2007-2013 models)

I don't see that option in the SE Pro Street Tuner software, I do not have the actual tuner, just the software.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:35 PM
drinktothat421
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

check out DK customs before you look at any of the HD screaming eagle stuff. read up! there is A LOT of options for a stage 1, NOT all stage ones are equal.

The following users liked this post:
Kirk57 (05-01-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 03:57 PM
oldguyriding
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You can by the Pro Street Tuner from H.D. and download the software and flash the bike yourself. That's what I did. I saved some money by buying from an H.D. dealer on-line. They had sale prices on everything, free shipping, and I didn't have to pay sales tax.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
Hi group. I'm new to Harley's but been riding bikes of all sorts since 10 years old Just brought myself a new 2017 custom 1200 and I'm looking to install a stage 1 kit after it's 1000 mile service any suggestions. Nothing real loud. Just the nice Harley rumble is what I'm looking for
ferther note any of you guys found the 1200 's have really long gearing especially in 5th and has anyone dropped the front belt sproket ( read ) pully down in size a coupe teeth ?
glad to be a member of this group
cheers Colin
Baby's first bath. My 1200 c

Old 04-12-2017, 09:41 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Change the stock silencers for some slip ons, add and oil filter and use a FuelPak 3 and you will find you have a new bike under you.
And you can do it all yourself, no need to get scared off my Dealer prices

enjoy your new bike

Old 04-14-2017, 02:27 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you are going for a tuner I urge you to use the Power Vision 5, it has the most options and you can tune the bike as you wish, auto-tune works well, upgrades to the tune are canned so importing or flashing the ECM is not a problem at all, its simple, hands down best tuner out there.
Be advised that HD has had difficulties with selling the SE tuners (EPA issues) which do little by comparison.
I suggest read-up, write questions here on products, the "experts" here are helpful (most of the time).

Welcome to the HD club, ride safe, keep it on the rubber and enjoy the rattles.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:34 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
When I had my buell I had a bigger front sprocket I would throw on for highway trips. Didn't take long at all, should be just as easy to go down in size but the speedo might be off a bit. Congrats on the bike by the way.
the newer
1200c will eat highways miles, stock. No need to swap anything.

Not sure why you need to wait til 1000 miles to do a stage 1 that is really just swapping to less restrictive pipes/slip-ons, higher flow air cleaner, and tune. You can do that now with no problems. No need for ceremony.

cost.. depends on how much you want to spend. Could be a $350 with cheap slip ons, dealer lean tune, and a free flowing air cleaner. Could be $1000+with full exhaust swap, quality tuner, and free flowing air cleaner. That all depends on your tastes and what you are willing to spend, like mentioned above by drinktothat421.

dropping down gearing to an 883 set will get you off the line faster but, you will be trading topend performance and ride quality for it. My bike still has an 883 set but, i dont use it on the highway for long distances. I'd hold off on that until you've rode around on your stage 1. Tour bike is basically strangled right now. You may feel differently later.

Last edited by cvaria; 04-14-2017 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Billyhog
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I also just put down a deposit on a 2013 Sportster 1200 Custom in vivid black.
Can't wait for it to arrive home. Exhausts and stage one is the first on the do list.
I think I will go with Vance and Hines slip-on.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:46 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

I went with the Cobra PowerPro HP 2-1 full exhaust, A/C and FuelMoto tuned PCV on my C. Runs great and the 2-1 pipe adds usable torque and sounds great.

Name:  custom_zpsejdjtcq0.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  421.4 KB

Old 04-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyhog
I also just put down a deposit on a 2013 Sportster 1200 Custom in vivid black.
Can't wait for it to arrive home. Exhausts and stage one is the first on the do list.
I think I will go with Vance and Hines slip-on.
Well just of late been talking to Adam Daniel at rush seems a nice enough guy very helpful with the rush mufflers for my 17 custom.
i want a baloney cut slip on which I don't see Vance and Hines having as I want the bike to keep its standard clean look, I'm going with the SE air cleaner but one that fits under the standard air cleaner cover that I can still keep the 1200 custom badge.
They have a good selection of bafflels to choose from and have a pretty good sound from what I'm hearing in YouTube so I'm sure I'll have plenty of options to swap out to a volume I like with out pissing off the neighbors. I'm open to tuners also (suggestions welcome) I don't mind paying just if I'm digging deep I want all the bells and whistles.
I love my custom it's s good blend of Harley/ street fighter with a terrific engine

Quick Reply: New 1200 custom 2017