Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zoite's 02 XLH1200C

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:18 PM
zoite
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zoite's 02 XLH1200C

Hi everyone, I'm new around here. Figured I'd start my own build thread since it's a never ending project of mine.

I still have lots of plans for what to do in the near future but here's where I'm currently at. Will continue to update as I do more changes.

Original setup how I bought it. 2002 XLH1200C with unknown amount of rake in the trees. It was a nice looking bike but it just wasn't my style. I rode it this way for about a year before starting any changes.

Someone broke off my tail light. My rear turn signals also did not work so I jacked it up to take it all out. I did not have a proper motorcycle jack

Found out why the turn signals didn't work

After fixing the signals and putting on the new brake light I decided to paint it black

Installed exhaust wrap

The day after wrapping the exhaust I hit an ice patch and low sided it. Front brake was locked up, brake lever snapped, grip was messed up, overall isn't wasn't TOO bad other than the brake

Decided now's as good as time as any to put on a stock frontend for easier handling

Replaced triple tree and forks with a stock setup f rom a 92 dyna

Replace handlebar, grips, controls, put on the new trees and forks, new head bearrings, removed wheel spacer so the wheel would fit. I thought the 92 forks were the same as the 02, and they are, except it uses a different brake caliper. There's also not a place to mount the headlight now

The new controls didn't match this bikes wiring at all. Put the old controls on, new master cylinder, new levers, headlight, wired it all up. Ordered new front signals as the old ones had a lot of fraying going on. New wheel, tire, rotor, caliper, brake lines will be next.

Mirrors on, turn signals on, gas tank on, rotor on, caliper on, brake line on, exhaust re-wrapped. Only thing left is to add wheel spacers but for the most part it's complete

Same as above, just different view

I do plan on changing out to a solo seat and repainting it this year