Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see those 48's!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Axis39
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TSORT91
Looks awesome, I'd love to do a solo seat. I think I'm doing the LED signals next. Love the look of them over halogen bulbs.
I bought a Softail Slim and the 48 at the same time, from the same dealer (I got lucky on some money... was and probably will be the only time I ever get to pull that sh.. off!). I actually bought the 48 for my wife. But I ride it a Hell of a lot more often than she does.

The Slim had LED headlight and turn signals already installed. As part of the deal, I got the dealer to install the LED headlight on the 48. It makes a world of difference.

As for the LED run and turn signals? Again, a world of difference! Much brighter, and the angel eye effect is kinda cool.

I am all about brighter lighting. Not only so I can see, but so others see me! The only thing that really throws me is when I am riding at night and i hit the turn signal, the white running light goes off and the turn signal goes on... It's quite a dramatic difference in reflected light. It's not a bad thing, I just always forget about it early in the season or if I haven't ridden after dark in a while. LOL

The Spring seat looks cool as a cucumber right out of the icebox. I wasn't sure how comfortable it was gonna be for longer rides. I've ridden the Sporty for a good 45 minutes to an hour at a shot and it really surprised me with how comfortable it is! It's a little more comfortable than my Softail's stock seat.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:27 PM
bassboy3313
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a custom plate for the intake and soon to have a custom powdercoated 3.3 gallon nightster tank as well.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 PM
TSORT91
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Mac
The more 48s I see, the more I want one.
Get one, can never have too many

Old 05-18-2017, 04:39 PM
TSORT91
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Axis39
I bought a Softail Slim and the 48 at the same time, from the same dealer (I got lucky on some money... was and probably will be the only time I ever get to pull that sh.. off!). I actually bought the 48 for my wife. But I ride it a Hell of a lot more often than she does.

The Slim had LED headlight and turn signals already installed. As part of the deal, I got the dealer to install the LED headlight on the 48. It makes a world of difference.

As for the LED run and turn signals? Again, a world of difference! Much brighter, and the angel eye effect is kinda cool.

I am all about brighter lighting. Not only so I can see, but so others see me! The only thing that really throws me is when I am riding at night and i hit the turn signal, the white running light goes off and the turn signal goes on... It's quite a dramatic difference in reflected light. It's not a bad thing, I just always forget about it early in the season or if I haven't ridden after dark in a while. LOL

The Spring seat looks cool as a cucumber right out of the icebox. I wasn't sure how comfortable it was gonna be for longer rides. I've ridden the Sporty for a good 45 minutes to an hour at a shot and it really surprised me with how comfortable it is! It's a little more comfortable than my Softail's stock seat.

Yeah LED lighting is the way to go! I have a knock off LED headlight and boy did it a HUGE difference from the stock halogen light. I can actually see riding home from work at night now. And for $50 I have no complaints at all.

As much as I'd love to do a spring seat I don't think I will. I'm fine with the seat I have now. Only really want it for the looks, to me they look a lot better. Maybe down the road I'll change my mind

Old 05-18-2017, 04:39 PM
TSORT91
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bassboy3313
I made a custom plate for the intake and soon to have a custom powdercoated 3.3 gallon nightster tank as well.
I love that gold flake though. What color are you doing the new tank?

Old 05-18-2017, 05:14 PM
bassboy3313
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love that gold flake though. What color are you doing the new tank?
yeah I like it too, just need a bigger tank for longer rides. I'm doing a custom rootbeer/copper color. It will be darker along the body lines and corners and lighten up towards centers. Just gotta do some test sprays to see how it'll come out.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 PM
PSU
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Love the solo seat
Thanks man!! (if you were talking to me)

It looks nice but it doesn't do much in terms of replacing/making up for no rear suspension lol.

Just got my tires on.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:06 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just brought this home the other night. Gonna do some work on it this weekend and will hopefully have more pictures when finished.

Attached Thumbnails Let's see those 48's!-wp_20170511_19_43_12_pro.jpg  
Old 05-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Derf_
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Be original. Put shortshots on your 48. Oh wait.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:48 AM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

my 48 ... finished...for the 4th time...lol

Attached Thumbnails Let's see those 48's!-z.jpg   Let's see those 48's!-z1.jpg   Let's see those 48's!-aa.jpg  

Quick Reply: Let's see those 48's!