Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLIP ON MUFFLERS ..RUSH - VnH or.....?

Old 08-10-2017, 05:58 PM
martinkz
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by delta99
I have the V&H Straight Shot slip ons, and I am happy with them. I modified the baffles to disturb the flow a little more. It gave them more of a bark sound, and less tinny/metallic. They are loud, and sound great. I also like the look of them, they look almost like straight pipes.

VnH is one of my options ...i ll travel to the states in september ..I have write to VNH chat ,,they say the cant sell them in california

Old 08-10-2017, 06:01 PM
martinkz
Advanced

Originally Posted by SgtThump
This is written around the web too, but i recently contacted Rush myself for info.

- The 2.25" baffle should have a loud deep tone with a drop in performance
- The 2" baffle should also have a loud deep tone with a smaller drop in performance
- The 1.75" baffles will have a less deep tone, but likely increase the performance a little bit

I went with the 1.75" baffles and dont regret it, although my "butt dyno" isnt as sensitive as others and i dont really notice an increase in performance. At least i dont notice a decrease, so im happy with that. It also sounds great to me. Definitely loud, but not stupid.
that is a grate explication ...Iwrote yesterday to Rush for the diferences and they no respond me yet ..thanks guy

Old 08-10-2017, 11:07 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,104 Likes on 6,188 Posts

Rush slipons with a good tune can rival a 2 into 1 exhaust for power. Leave the baffles out and add the Thunder Torque 258s, or use the 2.25" baffles with the smaller Thunder Torque inserts. You can tune the inserts by turning them at an angle until you get the desired sound/performance.

The following users liked this post:
martinkz (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 06:07 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Rush and i have no idea what size baffles, but they are loud and the bike is fast. $300 and a carb rejet.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:09 AM
martinkz
Advanced

Originally Posted by cocky
Rush and i have no idea what size baffles, but they are loud and the bike is fast. $300 and a carb rejet.
I think 1.75 is ok ..i want to travel and no have detonated ears

Old 08-11-2017, 10:12 AM
martinkz
Advanced

Originally Posted by martinj
Rush slipons with a good tune can rival a 2 into 1 exhaust for power. Leave the baffles out and add the Thunder Torque 258s, or use the 2.25" baffles with the smaller Thunder Torque inserts. You can tune the inserts by turning them at an angle until you get the desired sound/performance.
Grate ! I'm surprised with rush, it has very good user reviews ... it's my first Harley and I really would like a good sound

Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 AM
martinkz
Advanced

Now...I continue to investigate based on your opinions and I have a new question .. what is the difference between 34211 - Slash Down and 34214 - Baloney Cut .. is it just visual? Or the cut influences the sound.
I will be in LAS VEGAS - SAN FRANCISCO AND LOS ANGELES September 18 to 28 .. where dp you recommend to buy Rush .. I understand that in California is prohibited the commercialization of these products. I do not know if the ban is for EBAY deliveries too

Old 08-11-2017, 10:28 AM
lewk
Road Warrior
Received 213 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by martinkz
... I will be in LAS VEGAS - SAN FRANCISCO AND LOS ANGELES September 18 to 28 .. where dp you recommend to buy Rush .. I understand that in California is prohibited the commercialization of these products. I do not know if the ban is for EBAY deliveries too
Play it safe and buy it in Las Vegas. Or have it delivered there.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:41 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by martinkz
that is a grate explication ...Iwrote yesterday to Rush for the diferences and they no respond me yet ..thanks guy
My pleasure! Let us know if you get different info from Rush.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:52 PM
martinkz
Advanced

Originally Posted by martinj

Every time I'm more convinced of Rush

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLIP ON MUFFLERS ..RUSH - VnH or.....?