Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Kuryakyn = JUNK (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/1202365-kuryakyn-junk.html)

hscic 10-08-2017 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by cvaria (Post 16715055)
nothing wrong with kury. especially if you are a chromeperv

excuse me...chromeperv? lol

sawka 10-08-2017 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by sorensentyler (Post 16715538)
Actually I didn't go out of my way. Their stuff is junk.

Funny, at this point most people would just point on the doll where the company touched them. Dont keep it bottled up man or youll need to see a psychiatrist later. I dont buy their stuff because I have never had a need and it tends to be shiny. I wont try to trash their reputation over it.

sorensentyler 10-08-2017 08:14 PM

That's because they are. Bikes come into the shop with both tuners on them always running rough you unplug them and put a Harley street tune in them and they run how they're supposed to. I had a bike come in with a fuel pack and it was running absolutely terrible throwing codes for unrelated things. I took the fuel pack out and put a street tuner in. The customer took it home put the fuel pack back in and guess what the next day the bike was back! Took that tune out again and put the street tune in and it ran perfect. Keep it harley.

jonuphi 10-08-2017 08:29 PM

I haven't had any luck with kuryakyn, bought led halo headlight in may or april returned it last month ,low beam went out,the rubber on a set of grips got all weird and sticky,chrome peeled off auxillary foot pegs and brackets,rtb module went out another time,granted these things happened over the years but after the headlight no more kurycrap for me

Outtakes 10-08-2017 08:30 PM

Does Kuryakyn make the Fuel Pack I thought that was V&H

HarleyScuba 10-08-2017 08:38 PM

I hear ya, OP.
It's been that way, a long time. However, I can't completely condemn, nor blame, Kuryakyn. It's all about the doughnuts.
Having said that, "good enough", is neither.
Luggage bags? Guilty. I've had a couple for, at least, ten years. ISO hand grips/foot pegs? Cool on a FXR or pre-2000 Softail. Chromed-plastic cover bits and sub-par castings with nearly sufficient buff for other stuff? Crap.
Made for the masses, and, do wtf you want, but a "cover", is just that. Buy better, or, I don't know. Maybe, cut it, drill it, weld it, polish the-shit-out-of-it, learn Metallurgy/electrolysis/computer-aided-machining, Electro-engineering, etc.
I get your vibe. I see cheesy orange and yellow-flame decals on Nissan Sentras, all the time. Beauty, is in the...
Do what you gotta.

hscic 10-08-2017 09:02 PM

OP - are you referring to the Kuryakyn TTS tuner? I am always interested in what works and what doesn't....but saying Kuryakyn = junk is kinda overkill.

I too mainly use HD products, but for tuners, I went with Dynojet PowerVision over SE....just a personal preference.

lh4x4 10-08-2017 09:32 PM

I have used Kruy products over the last 15 years. Get them at J&P for less than at a Kury store.

By the way TTS is it's own company maybe Kury sells them. TTS developed the race tuner for H-D. Once they had it H-D dumped TTS. I use the TTS tuner in two 110 equipped bikes and they really wake them up.