Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone like their Power Vision tune better BEFORE autotune?

Old 09-01-2018, 06:15 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Yes buying my PV from DK was a good move on my part...lol. Of course, I've always bought my parts from you first before going to other vendors just because I know you will back your products and make things good if I run into issues....you've had my back on several occasions. Thank you.

So are you saying not all vendors selling PVs get support from Fuel moto and/or Dynojet? Do they not support their own product? Seems some members are not getting the needed support for their PVs...how can they get the maps to properly tune their rides?
Anyone buying a Power Vision is going to get support from the manufacturer (DynoJet), but those getting them from some of the places that just move them as a commodity for a low price, are probably going to get little to no support.

The reason when you buy from DK Custom that you get support from Us And Fuel Moto is because we made an arrangement with Fuel Moto to have anyone who buys from us benefit from their support. We pay a little extra for that, but to us it is worth it to give our Customers the best possible support. We are quite capable of giving good support ourselves, but we readily acknowledge that Fuel Moto is hands down the best support out there for the Power Vision, and we want our Customers to benefit from that.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following users liked this post:
ImIT (09-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 08:30 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Anyone buying a Power Vision is going to get support from the manufacturer (DynoJet), but those getting them from some of the places that just move them as a commodity for a low price, are probably going to get little to no support.

The reason when you buy from DK Custom that you get support from Us And Fuel Moto is because we made an arrangement with Fuel Moto to have anyone who buys from us benefit from their support. We pay a little extra for that, but to us it is worth it to give our Customers the best possible support. We are quite capable of giving good support ourselves, but we readily acknowledge that Fuel Moto is hands down the best support out there for the Power Vision, and we want our Customers to benefit from that.
Thank you....I was aware of your arrangement with Fuelmoto and have received great support from them.

To members not getting the support they need for their PV, go directly to the manufacturer DYNOJET.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:36 PM
BgNH
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by underwhelmd
Well they must have their reasons. Maybe it's something to do with an agreement they made with Dynojet when Fuelmoto became a dealer for their tuner.
I knew they existed when I bought my tuner but being in Canada, the only way I could afford it without the crazy exchange rate was to buy in Canada.
And, after a little more review it turns out that they do. Fuel Moto University FAQ:
Q) What is the difference between the Dynojet Preconfigured tunes, a Fuel Moto tune, and my original tune?

A) The Dynojet Preconfigured tunes are maps that have been developed by Dynojet Research, they are pre-loaded on the PV device and can be updated via the PV update client. Fuel Moto tunes are maps that have been developed in-house by Fuel Moto, they are proprietary and distributed to FM customers. The original tune is a copy of the original binary that was in your ECM before the Power Vision was married to your ECM.
The tunes they create are proprietary. So, perhaps their tunes are somehow locked to the PV device. That would prevent their being shared outside of their customer base as well.
If so, they could have just said as much. THAT makes sense to me.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
underwhelmd
Tourer
Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
To members not getting the support they need for their PV, go directly to the manufacturer DYNOJET.

Dynojet, to their credit, answers emails for tech support concerning the operation and install of THEIR product very quickly and thoroughly answers questions. They can't be expected to develop or even store tunes beyond basic, popular addons. It's not their business.

At least several people here want to buy specific tunes from a tune provider. It's not tech support for the device.
It hasn't been on my radar to research it further but I'm hoping to have a clearer answer why that's not possible than the obfuscation above.

edit: I was willing to drop it and shut up but to have it suggested that we're not worthy of purchasing software simply because we bought the device at a place we could could afford is p!ssin' me off.

Last edited by underwhelmd; 09-01-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:17 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Dynojet, to their credit, answers emails for tech support concerning the operation and install of THEIR product very quickly and thoroughly answers questions. They can't be expected to develop or even store tunes beyond basic, popular addons. It's not their business.

At least several people here want to buy specific tunes from a tune provider. It's not tech support for the device.
It hasn't been on my radar to research it further but I'm hoping to have a clearer answer why that's not possible than the obfuscation above.

edit: I was willing to drop it and shut up but to have it suggested that we're not worthy of purchasing software simply because we bought the device at a place we could could afford is p!ssin' me off.
Understandable....I do recall members on here sharing their good running custom tunes based on similar mods to use as their base tune.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:23 AM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Try this, easily found on http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...sion-faqs.aspx
HOW DO I FIND A TUNE FOR MY BIKE?
Dynojet has created a number of pre-configured tunes for various bikes; but there no way to have a perfect tune for every possible combination of aftermarket parts, or rare bikes like CVO’s. What you want to look for when selecting a tune is similar components. If the aftermarket components have similar airflow, a tune created for each would be very similar. All of the tunes we have built are located on our website, and will be on your Power Vision if the tune database is up to date. If we do not have a tune listed that is a close match for your bike because you have aftermarket cams, etc, then you can request a tune to be built for your setup. Just send an email topvtech@dynojet.com and list the bike and all of the modifications. We will build you a tune for the components listed and email it to you.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:50 AM
underwhelmd
Tourer
Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Howler_LI
Try this...
Respectfully, because you aren't aware of the history here, the first thing I did was contact Dynojet months ago with the specs of my bike. The answer was: we have what's listed, that's it. So the answer was exactly the opposite of what you quoted.

I've got a decent tune running now. I spent a lot of time on it with no one's help but reading here in the tuning forum. Temps are as good as stock, fuel mileage is average for the spec, rarely any popping on decel, power hits nicely throughout the rpm range.

Because I am not a pro, I'd like to know if I have it right. autotune does not like the o2 sensor configuration on RR III pipes. I'd like to talk with a pro who has been through this with these pipes. No problem paying for the service. I develop software as a living.... it's understood that this stuff isn't free.

Last edited by underwhelmd; 09-03-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,096 Posts

I added a V&H 2-into-one exhaust on my '17 Fatboy S which already had a free-flowing a/c.

The bike ran great. Then I got the Power Vision and ran the canned map I got from Fuel Moto.

The bike now runs just about the same or maybe a little worse. I get some decel pop I didn't have before, that's about it.

I'll be fooling with the auto tune shortly. I want the bike to run perfect.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

So the answer was exactly the opposite of what you quoted.
Sorry, I cannot explain why your experience is so different than mine. When I used their software I was able to find a tune that matched my stage1 bike.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:34 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by shanneba
On my Stock Sportster the Auto Tune process left the tune about 4% rich.

Did you confirm the Auto Tune Settings were set for a Sportster?
You need to have the MIN Engine Temp set to 280 F, and change the max and MIN rpms from the Power Vision defaults for Sportsters.
You might also want to change the MIN map to 25-30 kpa for auto tune.

The DynoJet canned tunes I have looked at seem to mostly disable Adaptive Fuel Control, most of the tunes for 2007-2013 Sportsters also take them out of closed loop control with richer AFRs (even though Closed loop control is still turned on)

Did you compare the differences in the tunes in WinPV?

If you want a smoother running engine leave both closed loop and Adaptive Fuel Control enabled and set your AFR to 14.6 (or lambda in 2014+ tunes to ~0.990 - 0.985) from a MAP of 30-60kpa from idle to about 4000 rpms to cover the normal cruising range.
That will allow the ECU to adjust when you are riding down the highway at 40 - 80 mph at 10 to 20% throttle. (you won't make much more power running richer there when the throttle is barely open)

You will then be in the richer MAP ranges at most throttle openings over 25-30% running the richer AFRs from the 80-100 MAP columns.
Well I have an 8-9 time auto tune on a FM map, once it’s flashed to the ecm, I didn’t mind it, but found it lacking in just cracked throttle 5-10% depart.
During the flash I noticed that the adaptive option was un ticked. Nor was the emts.
Are you suggesting that the adaptive option should always be active to make micro adjustments of the flashed auto tune,

Just trying to nail this down

Wiz 🍺

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone like their Power Vision tune better BEFORE autotune?