Nightster wheel fitment - Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster wheel fitment

Old 09-16-2018, 12:40 PM
whylee
Road Captain
Default Nightster wheel fitment

I have a 18 1200 Iron. I want a set of spoke wheels instead of the mag wheels. Just from checking specs, the Nightsters have the same size wheels. Anyone know if anything has changed in the way of axel size or anything else that would prevent this from being a bolt on swap.

Last edited by whylee; 09-16-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:35 PM
SPORTSTER0311
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by whylee View Post
I have a 18 1200 Iron. I want a set of spoke wheels instead of the mag wheels. Just from checking specs, the Nightsters have the same size wheels. Anyone know if anything has changed in the way of axel size or anything else that would prevent this from being a bolt on swap.
I did the same thing but went from spokes to mags. Used my old rotors and pulley and everything was a direct swap. I did get new bolts for the pulley based off what I had read. Spacers were the same and it was a pretty easy job after watching some YouTube videos first and getting all the torque specs for the job. The hardest part was finding a good set of used mags from the right year with the 25mm bearings.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:02 PM
whylee
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SPORTSTER0311 View Post

I did the same thing but went from spokes to mags. Used my old rotors and pulley and everything was a direct swap. I did get new bolts for the pulley based off what I had read. Spacers were the same and it was a pretty easy job after watching some YouTube videos first and getting all the torque specs for the job. The hardest part was finding a good set of used mags from the right year with the 25mm bearings.
from what I have found, it seems 08 and up use the same bearings. Did you trade for your wheels or buy them?
I have been kicking around the idea of trading my mags, just not sure which have greater value.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:06 PM
SPORTSTER0311
One Of The Regulars

Correct on the year. I tried to trade but no takers so I bought the mags off eBay and sold the stock spokes/tires locally. Threw new tires on the mags and came out close to even but had what I wanted. I donít think youíd have a hard time finding someone to trade with you. Your bike being so new Iíd ask or expect someone trading to add cash. If you canít find the deal you want just buy some and sell yours. The new mags shouldnít be hard to sell especially with good tires on them. Iím glad I sold mine locally. I didnít want to pay or deal with shipping.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:19 PM
whylee
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SPORTSTER0311 View Post
Correct on the year. I tried to trade but no takers so I bought the mags off eBay and sold the stock spokes/tires locally. Threw new tires on the mags and came out close to even but had what I wanted. I donít think youíd have a hard time finding someone to trade with you. Your bike being so new Iíd ask or expect someone trading to add cash. If you canít find the deal you want just buy some and sell yours. The new mags shouldnít be hard to sell especially with good tires on them. Iím glad I sold mine locally. I didnít want to pay or deal with shipping.
Seeing as my tires are like new, only 200 miles on them I would think I would come out with some cash out of it. Im transforming my bike to a tracker over the winter so I need the 19 inch front and the rear hub to relace it to a 19 rear.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:11 AM
Looney888

Do you have ABS? if so you will need to ensure your new wheels have ABS bearings installed, if you don't have ABS it won't matter.

Spokes look cool but they rust and tubes suck *****. Each to their own though, so good luck.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 AM
whylee
Road Captain

No ABS on my bike.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: