Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New years bike.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
Wow. I'd just give up riding dude. Dang batteries anyway.
Nar won’t do that, I’ll just a get a better machine that don’t need warranty work in the first 15 miles of ownership after **** falls off it on its first ride home.

Wiz 🥳

Old 01-01-2019, 09:38 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2wheelwanderer
Just for the record Wizardofaus, I've had simple claims on my Kawi. Warped front rotors, a known issues in the forums. First time they were replaced around 9k miles. Not horribly warped, but a vibration applying the brakes at highway speeds. No death wobble, but a felt vibration. Replaced, no questions asked. 8k miles later, same thing. Mother Kaw wanted to know if I had replaced the front pads and if I was abusing the brakes. I wasn't. Still the original pads, no track days, just easy riding. Replaced rotors and new pads under warranty, we are sorry for your trouble.

The known fix is to upgrade to ZX-14 rotors (slightly thicker). I even offered to pay the difference for the upgrade. Had a battery replaced under warranty as well. TPMS batteries don't work when its cold out until I get a few miles on the tires, dealer said they would replace those when I am ready.

I chalk this up to a great dealer (Lake City Honda/Kawasaki, Warsaw, IN) as much as anything, but I've never been hassled. Owner knows me when I walk in and goes out of their way to make me happy. Metric shops don't throw test rides like candy the way HD does, but my shop takes care of me.
And that’s all I want, but being it’s a Harley it’s not like I can call Honda to fix the battery issue.

9K on the first set of disks, then 8k on the second ?,

**** man I had seat hardware falling off my new bike on a 15 mile ride home after delivery. Oil leaking at 500 miles from a cross threaded fitting in the oil pump, The 1K service the bike was layed up a week cos the dealer didn’t have a gasket kit .... then the fix was to just use a thread chaser and lock tight in the oil pump housing to stop the leak.

Did it stop the leak. , Yeah But I could have done the same with with 1/2 a stick of butter and a cup of flower.

And that’s all in the first 1000 miles, and now it’s the freakin battery. So you can understand my disappointment.

Wiz 🥃

Old 01-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hscic
As mentioned in the other thread....don't get rid of the sporty, get rid of the dealership. Perhaps find another dealership in reasonable distance or an independent that will honor the warranty.....not all dealerships are alike. For me, I do not use the dealership since they no longer have the technical expertise to work on older bikes......they refuse to take my bike except for safety.check even for a tire change.

You can also DIY. Test the battery, the rectifier, and stator..,,,make sure battery if fully charged when testing. If battery is no good, replace then test if the rectifier/stator is charging the battery properly.....then ride on.
Good idea mate, cos It’s not like I’m hating on Harley’s or anything, as I did buy one, but if I wanted to wrench on one I would have brought used if ya know what I mean.

Well I’m going to test the waters in the next couple weeks and see what’s what.

Ride safe 🤘

Wiz 🥃

The following users liked this post:
hscic (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Zateeva
2019 will suck for you
Yeah with from what I’m hearing about a soft market, I’m not holding my hopes up too high.

Wiz 🎊

Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Long lonesome highwayman
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,836 Likes on 2,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
Well I’m going to bite the bullet and kick my Piece Of **** 17 sporty to the curb, Had enough of mother ship HD and the crap you have to deal with “Just “ to get a ****in new battery under warranty.

Looking at a new Kawasaki right now.

Thing is it’s not going to **** oil. Rattle. Sump all at @ 110 hp stock.

Wiz is Happy ��

You're saying new Sporty's **** oil and sump? My old Evo Sporty has never done any of that.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:21 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Long lonesome highwayman
You're saying new Sporty's **** oil and sump? My old Evo Sporty has never done any of that.
No , But if you read my first experiences with my new custom. IE Parts falling off on the ride home , oil leaks @ 500 miles all over the exhaust from cross threaded oil pump fittings , dealer not having parts so the bike was at the shop for a week , cross threaded oil pump case was not replaced, but a thread chaser was used to clear the threads and a good dollop of lock tight.

Wiz 🙄

Old 01-05-2019, 02:37 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,911 Likes on 17,472 Posts

Well I’m going to bite the bullet and kick my Piece Of **** 17 sporty to the curb, Had enough of mother ship HD and the crap you have to deal with “Just “ to get a ****in new battery under warranty.

Looking at a new Kawasaki right now.

Thing is it’s not going to **** oil. Rattle. Sump all at @ 110 hp stock.

Wiz is Happy 🍦
Let me look ...... hold on, wait a sec ..... Nope I'm all out of f*ck's to give, sorry.

The following users liked this post:
apache snow (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:21 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 600 Likes on 351 Posts

And that’s all I want, but being it’s a Harley it’s not like I can call Honda to fix the battery issue.

9K on the first set of disks, then 8k on the second ?,

**** man I had seat hardware falling off my new bike on a 15 mile ride home after delivery. Oil leaking at 500 miles from a cross threaded fitting in the oil pump, The 1K service the bike was layed up a week cos the dealer didn’t have a gasket kit .... then the fix was to just use a thread chaser and lock tight in the oil pump housing to stop the leak.

Did it stop the leak. , Yeah But I could have done the same with with 1/2 a stick of butter and a cup of flower.

And that’s all in the first 1000 miles, and now it’s the freakin battery. So you can understand my disappointment.

Wiz 🥃

are the cables tight at the battery? if the dealer worked on it chances are they removed the cables.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Let me look ...... hold on, wait a sec ..... Nope I'm all out of f*ck's to give, sorry.

Not sure what to say ?.

But Ahhhh .... Thanks 🤣 ?

Wiz Out

Old 01-06-2019, 12:55 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Pay my respects to ya wife cos a man that can’t give a **** ? Well his old lady is welcome on my saddle.

Wiz ing Along 😝

Quick Reply: New years bike.