Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a check engine light Iron 883

Old 03-15-2019, 02:08 AM
calileo
Cruiser

Received 125 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Getting a check engine light Iron 883

All,

I keep getting a check engine light along with an error code of P0132 on my 2017 Iron 883. This error code indicates that the front cylinder is getting to much fuel. Current mods on my Iron include FP3 tuner, V&H VO2 naked A/C & Crusher Maverick slip-ons.I thought it might be the FP3 so I called V&H and they tweaked the map and re-flashed. I was good to go this past weekend but today a few blocks down the road the check engine light and P0132 came back on. I called V&H again and they suggested that it wasn't the FP3 but maybe a O2 sensor issue and to call the dealer. I called the HD dealer and explained my situation. They said they would look at it but asked about any mods. I told them my current mods and was told the issue was probably the FP3 tuner. That said, they would look at it as long as I flashed it back to the stock map. I'm thinking about having them look at it just to see if they find anything but I'm kind of skeptical. I don't want to be given the run around.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm a little lost at this point. I don't feel like I should be having these issues with the mods I have. The only thing I can think of is the order in which my mods were made. Bike ran fine stock, slip-ons ran fine, FP3 added ran fine and then A/C added along with re-flashed started getting check engine light and P0132 error code.

Any advise?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:32 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,714 Likes on 2,389 Posts

In terms of least amount of work you could put on the stock A/C and the stock flash and just try it.

The only thing I can think of is the order in which my mods were made. Bike ran fine stock, slip-ons ran fine, FP3 added ran fine and then A/C added along with re-flashed started getting check engine light and P0132 error code.
I put a FP3 on my bike and applied the flash for a stock setup. That made a noticeable difference to the fuelling. I then changed the mufflers and a/c and applied the map for that, not so different to yourself.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:50 AM
normannewguy
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

you need to see with your tuner what are the readings from O2 sensor while it's running. It's possible that O2 sensor is fine, it might be upstream a fuel injector leaking pulsed too long etc..

Old 03-15-2019, 10:49 AM
calileo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy
In terms of least amount of work you could put on the stock A/C and the stock flash and just try it.
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy

I put a FP3 on my bike and applied the flash for a stock setup. That made a noticeable difference to the fuelling. I then changed the mufflers and a/c and applied the map for that, not so different to yourself.

I thought about this. I feel like thats when the bike was running at its best. I'm assuming you haven't had any issues after adding the mufflers & A/C?

Old 03-15-2019, 10:56 AM
calileo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by normannewguy
you need to see with your tuner what are the readings from O2 sensor while it's running. It's possible that O2 sensor is fine, it might be upstream a fuel injector leaking pulsed too long etc..

Copy.

As far as it being something upstream such as a fuel injector leak, this is the kind of thing that worries me. That might be out of my paygrade lol. I'll check out the tuner reading and go from there.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen

Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,714 Likes on 2,389 Posts

I'm assuming you haven't had any issues after adding the mufflers & A/C?
Well no check engine light warning while riding.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 PM
calileo
Cruiser

Do these reading look normal? This is sitting at idle for a few minutes.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,558 Likes on 9,790 Posts

Ride it till it dies....

Old 03-15-2019, 03:42 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

The stock H-D Map from Vance and Hines server is not the same one that came with ur bike. The stock Map u need to flash is the slot-(0) Map in the View/Edit Map section of the Fp3 app. This is the original Harley stock Map that came with ur bike and was saved to the Fp3 when u first installed it.

Don't deep dive into specific settings such as injector duty cycle etc right now, it will only complicate things..like u said it's above ur paygrade. U need rule out one thing at a time.

To know if the Tuner/Map is the culprit. Reflash the Slot (0) Map..take the bike for a moderate drive, don't run it real hard cos it will run lean after the stock Map flash and start knocking or pinging..see if it throws the code again. Report back

Old 03-15-2019, 06:35 PM
normannewguy
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

.9 volts is very rich at idle should be maybe .5. Not sure how they are reading duty cycle on injector

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting a check engine light Iron 883