Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitubo rear suspension 1200 Custom

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 05:31 PM
LazyEpic
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bitubo rear suspension 1200 Custom

So I just installed new rear suspension on my 1200 Custom -98, I went with Bitubo shocks but I'm a bit confused.
From what I gather the Bitubo WME0 series should have no problem running "upside down", as stated (I assume it's the WME0 version) by DK Custom
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/over...-r-shk-faq.htm
and the decals are indeed "right side up" when the shocks are "upside down", on a Italian forum(https://sportsteridersitaly.forumfre...entry596931858) I saw that Bitubo seems to have put the stickers on like that at first but later switched or there are some models that use it or something, I'm guessing as it doesn't matter which way they go and it's easier access to the rebound setting, they also show one image on the "upside down version" http://www.bitubo.com/Bitubo/cms/ENG.../140-wme5.html
(a WME5, but same shock as WME0 just longer).

I really like the look and easy access to tune the rebound but had to remove the bolt cover the the saddlebag bars, don't really care about that as they will be covered by the saddlebags but anyhow..

Now I have two questions really;
1. I don't really want to risk a test drive until I'm 100% sure, I'm 99.5% now that all is good (have also emailed Bitubo directly but guess I might get a faster reply here if it's completely wrong), so have I understood it correctly that I can run them like this?

2. Other than the very small difference in weight distribution on the swingarm, is there a any difference in performance/handling etc running them one way or another?

Last edited by LazyEpic; 03-27-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:17 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

You should be fine, but dont they have a phone number you can call for a answer. I always call first to try and get a answer.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:24 PM
LazyEpic
1st Gear

Originally Posted by whylee
You should be fine, but dont they have a phone number you can call for a answer. I always call first to try and get a answer.
They do but only one in Italy from what I can find and closed right now, but have sent them an email so hoping for a quick answer. ☺️

Old 03-27-2019, 07:06 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

[QUOTE=LazyEpic;18138540]So I just installed new rear suspension on my 1200 Custom -98, I went with Bitubo shocks but I'm a bit confused.
From what I gather the Bitubo WME0 series should have no problem running "upside down", as stated (I assume it's the WME0 version) by DK Custom
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/over...-r-shk-faq.htm
and the decals are indeed "right side up" when the shocks are "upside down", on a Italian forum(https://sportsteridersitaly.forumfre...entry596931858) I saw that Bitubo seems to have put the stickers on like that at first but later switched or there are some models that use it or something, I'm guessing as it doesn't matter which way they go and it's easier access to the rebound setting, they also show one image on the "upside down version" http://www.bitubo.com/Bitubo/cms/ENG.../140-wme5.html
(a WME5, but same shock as WME0 just longer).

I really like the look and easy access to tune the rebound but had to remove the bolt cover the the saddlebag bars, don't really care about that as they will be covered by the saddlebags but anyhow..

Now I have two questions really;
1. I don't really want to risk a test drive until I'm 100% sure, I'm 99.5% now that all is good (have also emailed Bitubo directly but guess I might get a faster reply here if it's completely wrong), so have I understood it correctly that I can run them like this?

2. Other than the very small difference in weight distribution on the swingarm, is there a any difference in performance/handling etc running them one way or another?

[/

QUOTE]

Bitubo makes hundreds of different shocks. If you got the shocks from us, they are separated and you can run them upside down with no problem. The only difference, which you will not be able to tell, is the un-sprung weight.

If you got Bitubo shocks from someone else, I cannot say if they are emulsion or separated.

Always feel free to call or email us. We are pretty quick at responding.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-28-2019, 08:23 AM
LazyEpic
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Bitubo makes hundreds of different shocks. If you got the shocks from us, they are separated and you can run them upside down with no problem. The only difference, which you will not be able to tell, is the un-sprung weight.

If you got Bitubo shocks from someone else, I cannot say if they are emulsion or separated.

Always feel free to call or email us. We are pretty quick at responding.
I'm not us based, so didn't get them from you sadly otherwise I would have gotten in contact directly.
So there are different versions of the WME0 series?
Ok, guess I have to wait and hope the seller or bitubo can get back to me then.
Thanks for the fast reply anyway ☺️

Old 03-28-2019, 08:30 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by LazyEpic
I'm not us based, so didn't get them from you sadly otherwise I would have gotten in contact directly.
So there are different versions of the WME0 series?
Ok, guess I have to wait and hope the seller or bitubo can get back to me then.
Thanks for the fast reply anyway ☺️
They probably are separated and ok to run upside down...I just would hate to give you wrong information, they have so many variations.

By the way, for future reference, we ship world-wide, over 30% of our orders get shipped outside the USA, including all over Europe.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:12 AM
LazyEpic
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DK Custom
They probably are separated and ok to run upside down...I just would hate to give you wrong information, they have so many variations.

By the way, for future reference, we ship world-wide, over 30% of our orders get shipped outside the USA, including all over Europe.
I understand and appreciate that ☺️

Ah ok, sadly import tax and shipping really add up and being a student I'm on a budget but will keep that in mind for the future.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:14 AM
LazyEpic
1st Gear

Self update, just got a response from Bitubo and seems I was correct, they are even meant to be installed like that.

Originally Posted by Bitubo email
Thank you for your e-mail.

We are pleased to inform you that our shocks may be installed in both sense preserving their perfectfunctionality, since Bitubo oleo pneumatic system is equipped with an internal element which separates gas from fluid.

Please, note that our shock HD003WME02V2 is meant to be installed with shocks body oriented to the bottom, but it may be installed also with shocks body oriented to the top. Usually, Bitubo stickers should be always readable from the left to the right.