Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Anyone seens this on there 07 sporty? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/137372-anyone-seens-this-on-there-07-sporty.html)

dhc8guru 08-04-2007 09:55 PM

Anyone seens this on there 07 sporty?

Over the past few days I haven't been consistantly getting the "check engine light" and the fuel pump priming on my Nightster. The engine starts but will take a few extra cranks and sometimes dies shortly after starting. After this happens and I attempt a restart, typically the engine light comes on and the pump primes. I know this can be a difficult problem to track for repair. I am sending it to the dealer this week for them to look at but anyone else who may have run into this problem and came up with a solution maybe I could pass the info onto my dealer.

JohnBoy1 08-05-2007 02:00 PM

RE: Anyone seens this on there 07 sporty?

There's been quite a few problems on the fuel pumps on the 07 sportsters, i myself have already had the updated pump put in. When they go it will run then dye, not prime or prime when it feels like it. The first thing i noticed is the new pump is a little louder.

poppa cooter 08-09-2007 01:17 AM

my buddies 2007 nightster had to have the fuel regulator replaced, he told the dealership what was going on and they said they have had to replace alot of them they ordered the part before they even looked at the bike, then had him bring it in when the part came in, so that should tell ya something right there.

evilscotsman 08-09-2007 03:00 AM

Is there a recall out on it yet? I hope your buddy didn't have to pay out of pocket for any of the repair. If he did that's bull$hit! This is what happens when bigcompanies like Harley buy all oftheir electroniccomponants from the cheapest bidder they can possibly find with no regard to the quality or consumer whatsoever. The bean counters at Harley bite.
[sm=badidea.gif][sm=badidea.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

StargazerXT12 08-09-2007 01:18 PM

Is this typically just a Nightster problem, becauseI've had this happen on my 883 Custom on occassion...

poppa cooter 08-09-2007 01:46 PM

yeah it was covered under his warranty.

cHarley 08-10-2007 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: StargazerXT12

Is this typically just a Nightster problem, becauseI've had this happen on my 883 Custom on occassion...
Nope, some people here seem to want to seperate Nightsters from Sporties but they are just a different style Sportster model as isa Roadster, Custom, Low etc. Most of the same problems and fixes apply to all.

kawsakimx6 08-10-2007 12:10 PM

EFI FTL!!!!

Biker Trash 08-10-2007 12:13 PM

Just one more reason I'm glad to have a Carb!

wbogley 08-10-2007 09:24 PM

I wonder when gravity will stop working andall us carb guys will have fuel problems? :D