Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   No MSF course discount through Progressive (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/146721-no-msf-course-discount-through-progressive.html)

Urban Coyote 09-02-2007 03:25 PM

No MSF course discount through Progressive

Apparently, Progressive does not give Arizona motorcyclists a discount for those who have taken a MSF course. I understood that they were one of the insurance companies that did, but after both my Harley dealer and myself rechecked, they don't for Arizona.

Anyone else in AZcan confirm this for sure? I paid $577 fora year full coverage with Progressivebeing a brand new rider and having a new '07 883C.

Don't know if I can take my MSF course endorsement and use it at a later date with another insurance company.

One nice thing is that the salesguy that sold me my bike felt bad that I didn't get a discount that he gave me another free HD t-shirt. So I have 3 now. :)

rob i 09-02-2007 03:31 PM

RE: No MSF course discount through Progressive

they told me the same thing for new hampshireresidents as well.

however, they are known for dropping the insurance rates the second year. Last year was my first year riding and I paid $400 for my coverage. This year, the same coverage is costing me $220.

rob

sportylow07 09-02-2007 04:24 PM

they do not give a discount in oklahoma either.

thomasf59 09-02-2007 06:08 PM

No discount in Nebraska.

Tom

Big Cholla 09-02-2007 09:32 PM

Geico in Nevada doesn't either. :-( ................ BC

freekdawg1200 09-02-2007 11:02 PM

My Progressive policy is up next month.I'll have to find out if PA residents get a discount.I took the course in April.It's freein PA and full coverage for a year is only $212.Even if I get a discount,it won't be much anyway.

Teek 09-02-2007 11:25 PM

Neither in Texas. I was told by the MSF instructor that Progressive thinks it's rates are already so low that a discount is not needed. Confirmed by a Progressive agent, but more tactfully. Still pretty darn low, though, at least around the DFW area. I haven't checked Merckel (sp?) yet.

Teek

Softy 09-02-2007 11:25 PM

Neither does State Farm.

TestFlyer 09-03-2007 07:27 PM

No discount for MSF course here in Connecticut, either. Progressive told me they gave me greater than 10% discount for being a home-owner. Kind of odd if you ask me. Still, they didn't care that I completed the training.

Live2Ride 09-03-2007 07:33 PM

Not getting a discount with Progressive here in South Carolina either. We get a "Multi-Policy" discount since we have our car & truck on a policy, and the two Harleys on another policy.