Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choke closing by itself

Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
1200frk
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choke closing by itself

OK, I was reading a post about the choke on a sporty closing by itself, and that it really shouldn't. I have a 2001 Custom and just recently when I pull the choke to start, it kind of slides back in. The post said tightning the choke nut. OK, where is that located so I can tighten it up. I know its not broke, because the bike runs great, I just need to tighten the nut, but need to know where the nut is. Any help and maybe a pic to help me.
Thanx

Old 10-05-2007, 08:30 PM
x2lee
Banned
Default RE: Choke closing by itself

the actual housing twists. When the choke is full in it sits against the black backer about the size of a dime. thats the thing that twists to tighten... righty tighty
ORIGINAL: 1200frk

OK, I was reading a post about the choke on a sporty closing by itself, and that it really shouldn't. I have a 2001 Custom and just recently when I pull the choke to start, it kind of slides back in. The post said tightning the choke nut. OK, where is that located so I can tighten it up. I know its not broke, because the bike runs great, I just need to tighten the nut, but need to know where the nut is. Any help and maybe a pic to help me.
Thanx

Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 PM
mrb302
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah yes... I see you have discovered my automatic choke system...

It automatically turns off just when you pull a cold bike into traffic.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:02 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Learn to tighten that choke ****. It needs to be done about every six weeks. Oh, maybe I should say about every 2,000 miles.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:14 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Back when I had the Sporty ( I called it the screamin' chicken) I would go out to the garage on a cold morning and with trembling hands I would get a good grip on my **** and tug on it until I had fully choked the chicken. Now I never really had a problem with keeping it erect once I had finished choking it but if you are having this problem thenI can suggest a solution. First you have to get a hold of one of the nuts and hold it still then grasp the other nut and play with it until you get just the right amount of friction to keep it from shrinking backtowards the bodyonce things start getting hot.
It may take some practice but like with most things in life the more you practice the better you get and the better you feel.
Good luck!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
hogsport
Road Master

Pig,
Do you "Choke the Ckicken" by time or do you do itby feel?

Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 AM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh dear....what have we *** to?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:04 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Back when I had the Sporty ( I called it the screamin' chicken) I would go out to the garage on a cold morning and with trembling hands I would get a good grip on my **** and tug on it until I had fully choked the chicken. Now I never really had a problem with keeping it erect once I had finished choking it but if you are having this problem thenI can suggest a solution. First you have to get a hold of one of the nuts and hold it still then grasp the other nut and play with it until you get just the right amount of friction to keep it from shrinking backtowards the bodyonce things start getting hot.
It may take some practice but like with most things in life the more you practice the better you get and the better you feel.
Good luck!
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

PIG, sounds like you need a girlfriend brother!!! At that stuff is more fun when someone else in the the same room.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:05 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Good luck!
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

PIG, sounds like you need a girlfriend brother!!! At that stuff is more fun when someone else is in the the same room.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: hogsport

Pig,
Do you "Choke the Ckicken" by time or do you do itby feel?
Definately by feel. If I had to time it though I would say I choked it for less than 5 minutes, weird thing is that sometimes it made me want to roll over and go to sleep afterwards. Never figured out why.
Now that I am fuel injected I don't choke it in the mornings which is nicebut I do kind of miss fiddling with my ****.

SportyPig I am not sure if my wife would approve of me getting a girlfriend. [sm=escape.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Choke closing by itself