Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nighty nite, Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nighty nite, Nightster

It is very nice, kinda real bright red but with some depth. I will post some pics as soon as I get back up to the dealer. I have to sign all the papers and drop off the nightster. I would have liked to have the olive pearl denim, but alas they do not make it yet! If I ever get tired of the red, then I will have the tins painted with HD's olive pearl denim. The SE slip ons are nice too. They have a black six gun like tip on the end of them to go with the tommy gun look. I am still going to black out some things on it, but the engine is already black!!! Pics soon to come, VERY SOON! Thanx to all that have jumped in to answer my sportster questions, and though I am jumping over to the Dyna family, it is still the HD Family, and having had the sportster first, I will not be one of those guys who snubs the sportster as I know the power they have, and how much fun it was. You gotta love that guy who buys a FatBoy, or a RoadKing for his first harley and looks down on the sportster as a small little girls bike or beginners bike... I am sure most of you know a guy like this... Well anyway, I will still be around, and I do plan to get a sportster again one day.

L8r,

Lewd

Old 10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
why_me
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have a blue Fat Bob at my local dealer. I wanted to buy it on the spot. Wife said wait until next year, suppose I can hold off for that long. They are pretty sweet bikes.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gratz on the new bike! Again, my bike isn't going anywhere..

Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with Dallas.. I'm keeping mine for the long haul... But I hope you enjoy the new bike and that it performs as it should.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bike, but on the bright side of things, you're going to love your new Dyna. They have much more potential than people want to give them credit for. And for the record, many of us here had or still have Sportsters. They're great bikes and nothing to be ashamed of. I've never considered a Sportster to be a "girls" bike. Sportsters rock!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:24 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Ok, so I did it. I went for a ride today and my nightster starting acting up. Was making a whistling puff like noise when I shut it down. Every once in while it would studder, or misfire. Kinda like skipping a beat, then I look down to see that I could not read the speedo as it was fogged over on the inside....add this to the lovely $hit stain on the cam cover from the timing cover, and well you get the picture."

ok mine always makes a whistling puff on shut down, and idle always sounds like its missing, unless you have BRAND new plugs. and u can hear other ppl on the forum complain about foggy speedos. plus, there is GOING to be leaky stuff all over that engine, you should see MINE! it would make you take yours back in an instant!

in fact here is a pic!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Garcia I think you arebeyond the level of S-100 cleaning that engine. I think S-18900 might be in order.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
chugger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mark g, if you are getting rid of your nightster, would you consider selling those short shots??

Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Garcia I think you arebeyond the level of S-100 cleaning that engine. I think S-18900 might be in order.
yeah i dont try anymore.

i resorted to calling all the little imperfections in the bike "battle wounds" instead of trying to clean them.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:28 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Hi Airmax11. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the heads up on your awesome deals......now GTFO!!!!!!

Reported.

Quick Reply: Nighty nite, Nightster