Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Took advantage of the warm weather last night (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/175632-took-advantage-of-the-warm-weather-last-night.html)

jambor07 12-13-2007 09:21 AM

Took advantage of the warm weather last night

It has been HOT here in Atlanta, averaging 75 the last 4 or 5 days. I was finally able to take advantage of it and ride up to Helen last night. Never got colder than 60! How many times do you get to ride with a half helmet, jeans, light jacket, and thin gloves in December. Moiving here from Phoenix I never thought I'd wear sandals and shorts for Christmas!

BLKXL12C 12-13-2007 09:27 AM

RE: Took advantage of the warm weather last night

You are lucky I'm about 30 miles north of Chicago and last week we had 4 inch's of snow and just the other day we had frezzing rain and now today it just might get up to a blazing hot 32. Ride on!

Scoob 12-13-2007 09:36 AM

Here in Florence, SC, about 1 hour west of Myrtle Beach, we have averaged 81 degrees since Saturday. The cold weather is coming though. A whopping 50 for the highs this weekend.

SportyPig 12-13-2007 09:55 AM

Had the same temps here in Nashville. Unfortunately it was raining all week, except for Tuesday. That was a GLORIOUS day. I was able to take off the weenie shield, ditch the full face helmet, and even drug out my tattered gayass fingerless gloves for about 200 miles on Tuesday!!

It wasn't quite warm enough to get down to riding in shorts, but it was close!!! Great day [sm=biker.gif]

Now we have snow in the forecast for the weekend. I'm riding south, hopefully I'll get far enough south before the snow hits, and it will melt before I return.

WVHogRider 12-13-2007 12:42 PM

Quit all thisF'n bragging.....It's f'n winter don't you know....Now go park your scoots....[8D];)

ride2tires 12-13-2007 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: jambor07

How many times do you get to ride with a half helmet, jeans, light jacket, and thin gloves in December. Christmas!
ummm, honestly...... NEVER!!!!! not in S.W. Michigan anyway[&:]

Ljason74 12-13-2007 05:38 PM

Yep tuesday was a very nice day. I worked about half day then walked outside and said well i think im goin home fellas. Went home home jumped on the bike and put about 150 miles on her. Loved it got my Harley fix. I was goin into withdraws seriously. That was all i could think about was goin for a ride. Just cant wait for the next nice day. Or a helmet for christmas so i can ride to work in the mornin.:D

[/align]

SportyPig 12-13-2007 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: WVHogRider

Quit all thisF'n bragging.....It's f'n winter don't you know....Now go park your scoots....[8D];)
NEVER!! Just time to order some more heated gear. Didn't have any last winter, got the gloves (so far) for this winter.

x2lee 12-13-2007 08:48 PM

Irode to work every day this week.I took off at lunch yesterday and today and rode till 5 both days,
almost 700 miles this week :D:Dtommorow i am going to do the same.;)

ORIGINAL: WVHogRider

Batley 12-14-2007 02:00 AM

Must be nice. I can't wait till we get warmer weather here in Wisconsin again. I need to move somewhere where I can ride year around. Even the cold temps are ok, but the snow and ice prevent me from riding.