Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chopper Kits for Sporters?

Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Golfgurl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chopper Kits for Sporters?

I found this website and wondered if it would work or not?

Does anyone know about Chopper kits for sportys and are they safe for handling and cruising around? Does it make it harder to drive or steer?

Thanks..Lisa

http://www.ifrantic.com/servlet/the-236/Sportster-Bolt-dsh-On-Chopper-Kit/Detail

[IMG]local://upfiles/53133/83D95FCE184046B7A8162A7D7B2934D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2008, 07:09 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chopper Kits for Sporters?

Holy CRAP! They want 1700 dollars to do THAT!? All it is is a set of trees, longer tubes, and wheel and fender spacers....you can get all that separate on ebay and other online shops for under 500.00 if you look around a bit.

Sounds like a rip-off to me. I wouldn't do it. Buy a complete Fatboy front end w/axle off Ebay and bolt it on...same thing, better look, and worth the money.

Besides....there's no such thing as BOLT-ON Chopper parts. Kinda defeats the whole term and purpose of a CHOPPER.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 AM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Golfgurl

Does it make it harder to drive or steer?

I don't have a kit on mine, the frame was cut and had extensions welded in. And 10" over tubes put on.

Where you notice it most is slow speed driving. Since the front end is longer it doesn't make the tight, crisp turns like it used to. At highway speed I don't really notice any difference. But slower speeds takes more "thought" and "concentration".

Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Before;

After;

Old 04-20-2008, 10:12 AM
cajun883custom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i dont have a chopper kit, but i have 5 degree raked trees. Looks great and handles just like stock.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:01 AM
primostoy
Tourer

Screw what these guys say about chopper kits, I have a Seeger kit on my '05 Custom, it looks great, handles great, and I've had nothing but compliments on my bike, even from custom shop owners. The kit on mine adds 13 more degrees with 8" extentions added to the tubes. It will make the bike feel a little heavier at slow turns, but you'll get use to it pretty quick, but the ride on the open rode is great, the thing about these kits is that the manufacturer has done all the research on the correct angles, rakes, ect., I say do it if that is the look you want.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
TheBigSix
Intermediate

Screw what these guys say about chopper kits, I have a Seeger kit on my '05 Custom, it looks great, handles great, and I've had nothing but compliments on my bike, even from custom shop owners. The kit on mine adds 13 more degrees with 8" extentions added to the tubes. It will make the bike feel a little heavier at slow turns, but you'll get use to it pretty quick, but the ride on the open rode is great, the thing about these kits is that the manufacturer has done all the research on the correct angles, rakes, ect., I say do it if that is the look you want

i believe i speak for most people when i say F you and your EFFIN SEEGER KIT...... F!! nobody but you likes or cares about them.... shaddup shutinup

Old 01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

Hey Big six Whats the rake on your bike?

Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBigSix
i believe i speak for most people when i say F you and your EFFIN SEEGER KIT...... F!! nobody but you likes or cares about them.... shaddup shutinup

I dunno. Looks pretty good to me. What do you have against them?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:52 AM
primostoy
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheBigSix

It appears to me that you just joined this group???????so how do you know what most people like??. People have their own opinion on what they like about their bikes, thats what makes the world go around. I happen to like the "chopper" look, I also looked into getting my stock trees cut and welded but I have heard some horror stories about the weld cracking/breaking from some of the old timers(no pun intended to anyone), so I choose to go with a kit. If it is like you say and the majority don't want to hear from me, then they can let me know and I'll leave.........but I won't leave because of (1) *******(that being you of course)......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chopper Kits for Sporters?