Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   leave it alone (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/236636-leave-it-alone.html)

silverbullet2006 05-22-2008 09:58 AM

leave it alone

am I the only one out there that seems to just leave things as they may dont get me wrong I have put a few things new on the bike like pipes and a couple of chrome things but nothing wild. just leave the bike alone plain is good

Thumper26 05-22-2008 10:03 AM

RE: leave it alone

A bike is like a blank canvas to a new owner, whether it's new or used. Part of the experience in motorcycling for many is making the bike your own. Some like pain vanilla, others like tutti-fruiti, and there are a whole bunch of other flavors in between. If you're content with your bike, regardless of what you've done to it -or not, that's all that matters...

silverbullet2006 05-22-2008 10:23 AM

good point thummper ty

karaokeman 05-22-2008 10:30 AM

Ones Picasso is anothers nightmare. - Your bike is an extension of you and your personality ( or at least whatyou want people to perceive it to be) :D

DPete 05-22-2008 10:30 AM

If I like it I leave it, I did'nt like my seat or suspension or grips but I don't mod it just for the change or to be cool

DannyZ71 05-22-2008 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Thumper26

A bike is like a blank canvas to a new owner, whether it's new or used. Part of the experience in motorcycling for many is making the bike your own. Some like pain vanilla, others like tutti-fruiti, and there are a whole bunch of other flavors in between. If you're content with your bike, regardless of what you've done to it -or not, that's all that matters...

I'm kind of partial to Rocky Road. Other than hemorrhoids, what will this entail??

TigerofH 05-22-2008 10:54 AM

Its all about the customization. Make the bike yours. If you want stock, go for it. If you want to be radical with it, shine on.

StargazerXT12 05-22-2008 11:09 AM

I agree. Customizing your bike is like picking out your bike in the first place. It has to Fit YOU and only YOU.

Enjoy it fixed up anyway you want,just Enjoy it! ;)

schumacher 05-22-2008 11:11 AM

I didn't do anything to my first 2 Harleys. Just rode them as is. This is the first one I've actually played around with.

Thumper26 05-22-2008 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71

ORIGINAL: Thumper26

I'm kind of partial to Rocky Road. Other than hemorrhoids, what will this entail??
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Take the socks off and make it a hardtail! :D