Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster Headlamp Mounting Bracket for Aftermarket Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM
fishboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportster Headlamp Mounting Bracket for Aftermarket Headlamps

Well, the time has come to replace my stock headlamp on my Nightster. I personally am not a fan of the OEM visor hanging headlamp. I just purchased my new headlamp from Headwinds this morning so it's time to get the ball rolling on the design.

Some of you are familiar with the work that I have done in creating the Speedo-less upper bar clamp concept https://www.hdforums.com/forum/useless-threads/250529-speedo-less-upper-bar-clamp-concept.html and now it is time for all sporty owners (myself included) to have a headlamp mounting bracket that will accept the great looking and ever popular bullet and rocket style headlamps that mount from below.

I am hoping to have a CAD concept drawn up during the weekend and post some screen shots up of what I am envisioning. I would like to hear your thoughts and hope to gather your interest on this so I can start making these as well.

The plan is to have these machined out of billet 6061 aluminum just has the handlebar clamps were. I don't want to get into too much detail yet because I would like the CAD screen shots to do the talking.

So, I would like to see what kind of interest this brings out. Please if you have any comments or questions, hit me up.

Thanks,
Greg

Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
thexman10
Novice

I'd be intereseted...........but would have to see whats all going to be involved with the swap before i could be 100% sure..........but interested, that for sure....

Old 08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
HDRider69
Cruiser

A bullet headlight is at the top of my want list. I am super interested and eventually want the handlebar clamp too.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Lord Bundrick
Cruiser

This is a must have for those who have relocated the speedo, cause now that the speedo is gone all you see is the ugly visor above the headlight!

I am leaning more towards this unit http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...de=2001%2D0207 which looks to have the same mount so i look forward to what Greg has in mind for a mount.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:36 PM
MikeLVNV01
Advanced

I have the same idea as u guys but Im using a 1200 custom headlight. I got an 07' headlight bucket off ebay for $1.00 and its currently gettin powdered now. I also have the 1inch trim ring that Im gonna leave chrome. I already have the hole drilled in the lower tree and once I get everything together Im gonna mount it up. I will post pics as soon as Im done.

Vegas Mike....

Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Lord Bundrick
Cruiser

Nice Mike... looking forward to seeing it!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So we can look forward to 20+ more pages of spam just like your clamp "design"?

Fishboy, I posted the speedo relocation mod as a cool cheap mod for the benefit of the members here. Not for some jabron such as yourself to make a profit off of selling "your" Speedo-less clamp. I'm sorry I posted that mod now and will not post any further mods on this forum so you can profit from them.

As far as mounting any type of headlight, all you guys need to do is drill one hole in your bottom triple tree, buy whichever of the 15 or so currently available $5.99-19.99 mounting blocks that suits your fancy, attach the headlight of your choice to it and call it a day.

Here is my bike with a headlight off a FXDX Street Bob held on by said $5.99 aluminum mounting block. It's dead simple to do.

I really think it sucks for Fishboy to be allowed to spam the forum with 20 page long threads of his "designs" for sale bumping members with actual questions or discussions off the main page. More so now that the new forum has such limited space for front page topics. Sorry for the rant but I've been biting my tongue for a long time on this and this headlight bracket crap was the final straw...

Old 08-13-2008, 06:00 PM
lunchmeat
Cruiser

I do agree with you Elvis. I come here to find good advice and cheap ways to custom my bike on a small budget. I would rather read through 20+ pages of helpful tips on a cheap way to make one and not have to pay to have it.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
tweakin
Road Master
Default 1+ Elvis Nixon

Nice products and ideas Fishboy, but you might want to sponsor the site if you want to keep promoting and selling your stuff in the forums.

Multiple choices for mounting blocks $5-$20

Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Nightster_Reaper
Tourer

ok heres an idea for anyone who doesnt like the idea dont read the post and dont buy it. you can complain that hes trying to make money but if he comes up with a nice design its not free for him and just with the clamp hes not forcing it on anyone. perhaps you like his design over one thats out there if so buy it. if not then why post? i myself have been in the market for something like this and jpcycles has a few but the designs are not really to my liking so i am interested to see what his designs look like. and guess what if i dont like i dont have to buy it. all im saying is theres no need to rag on people.

Quick Reply: Sportster Headlamp Mounting Bracket for Aftermarket Headlamps