Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   My sporty is locked up!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/296793-my-sporty-is-locked-up.html)

dlg1125 11-27-2008 05:18 PM

My sporty is locked up!!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Today was a sad day.......I have just finished with all my winter mods, I got a little anxious and started them early. Sad news is that with exams coming up and then a cruise in early december I won't have any time to ride so I bit the bullet and put the sporty into hibernation.

The first picture is the before, then second one is after all the mods, and the sad looking one is it in its resting spot for the next 2-3 months.

I put in stabil, put a damprid package under it and covered it with a vented cover...... By the way its in the back of a 40' cargo container....

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

RATROD HOG 11-27-2008 05:26 PM

Damn it looks lonely in that shed

bike looks real good there

HighDesertKid 11-27-2008 05:50 PM

Love the Nightster tank... big fan :)

Nrodriguez 11-27-2008 11:08 PM

very beautiful bike. atleast it'll stay looking good hehe.

MADOGA 11-28-2008 06:22 AM

dont know how you guys manage packing the bike away for a few months every year.

I get pissed if i loose one day when its pissing down.

diablo666 11-28-2008 05:10 PM

I would have loaded everything else in first.The bike would have been last.Quite a few times during winter it gets nice enough to ride.Way back there you will never get it out.Why did you turn it sideways anyhow?

SpursDarkrider 11-28-2008 08:15 PM

Man that sucks living where you cant ride for 3 months. I have to ride everyday. When it rains i even ride unless its a hurricane.

sbergloff 11-28-2008 08:33 PM

Is the weather that much worse in Greenville than where I am? Still seems like good riding weather to me.

travroc 11-28-2008 08:51 PM

You really didn't need to go through this hassle. You could've sent her over here to California and I would've kept her warm for you, free of charge. ;)

BTW..........good work on the bike. Looks good. I was toying around with the idea of putting Nightster tins on my Custom, including the fenders.

dlg1125 11-28-2008 10:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys,

Originally Posted by sbergloff (Post 4172587)
Is the weather that much worse in Greenville than where I am? Still seems like good riding weather to me.

The weather isn't that bad but Im in the last leg of graduate school and I have exams coming up for the next 2 weeks or so and I don't want to be tempted with the bike! I am also going on a cruise for 7 days right after I get finished with exams so I won't have time to ride until early January so I decided to go ahead and put her up.

As far as putting it in the back of the storage container nothing else is going in it so I don't have to worry about getting it out when I need it. I also turned it sideways so I could put the jack under it and take the load off of the tires (the jack and handle wouldn't fit the otherway) I just took the picture before that:)

David