Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chopping stock fender? Nightster...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fatguy-littlebike
looks awesome! i want to do that to my iron but the gf would have issues with that lol! if anyone has ideas on how to use that set up and still be able to occasionally ride 2-up let me know. again looks great!

Hey man, well, there is possibly only one way to chop the rear fender and maintain the ability to ride 2-up... and it is to actually chop the rear of the fender and then repaint it... not an easy task, but doable, the reason behind it? well, that is the only way you will leave the securing holes/screws in place... the method we used to move the fender forward renders the fender unsuitable for supporting any weight...

Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Thejuggernaut
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fatguy-littlebike
looks awesome! i want to do that to my iron but the gf would have issues with that lol! if anyone has ideas on how to use that set up and still be able to occasionally ride 2-up let me know. again looks great!
Hey man I was thinkin the same thing I love the look that they are all comin up with and how bad *** it looks but i sure as hell would miss being able to go out and pick up a fine *** chick and taking her for a little ride.......on the bike that is lol. But this is a link to one of the only thing i can think of. I think i am going to try and make something like this that would connect where the strut does and then the hole behind that so that i could chop those support rails some but it is just an idea man.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-complete.html

Old 10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Blathian
Advanced

are you guys using the stock rear tail lights? and do you have to go to springer seat?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:19 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Blathian
are you guys using the stock rear tail lights? and do you have to go to springer seat?
Mine are stock but I mounted them straight to the bike without the pedestals things. You can use the stock seat if you cut the rear most part of the fender or redrill holes for the stock seat to bolt to.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
1slo6
Advanced

2 up on a rigid??!?!??! OUCH!!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Thejuggernaut
Intermediate

Yeah ouch is right I have been working on that design that i put the link to and put like a floating pad on 4 little springs so help out some ya know but over all it would be just a quick little spin around town for the hot chick lol

Old 10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thejuggernaut
Yeah ouch is right I have been working on that design that i put the link to and put like a floating pad on 4 little springs so help out some ya know but over all it would be just a quick little spin around town for the hot chick lol
When I bobbed my fender I also bobbed my frame. No room for that bolt on thing. Just get another bike...?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Thejuggernaut
Intermediate

yeah i know you cut your frame. I am staying clear of that I like the way that joebotics looks and he didn't have to cut the frame. So you could still add the passenger seat that I was refering to

Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah i know you cut your frame. I am staying clear of that I like the way that joebotics looks and he didn't have to cut the frame. So you could still add the passenger seat that I was refering to
pretty sure joe cut the fender struts.........

Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

hey bro... you are probably talking about the time I had chopped the rear fender but still had shock absorbers:

The simplest way to accomplish this is to cut the rear part of the fender, but otherwise leaving the fender intact, it allows 2 up riding... if you want to go rigid and ride solo.... go the MREED's way by removing the fender, cutting/trimming the front part, and moving the fender forward.... it looks absolutely badass... mine looked like that for some time:

I hope this helps...

Quick Reply: Chopping stock fender? Nightster...