Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster bar clamp with indicator lights and NO speedo mount...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 AM
UKNightster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do the dummy lights work out on that clamp? They line up correctly and did yo have to remove the black casing over the lights?

Originally Posted by lbfam730
xenomorph, i got the clamp in today and i've just installed it on my 09 iron. it fits perfectly. the part number you need to order is 604037. i didn't take any pics yet but i will definitely post pics soon.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Xenomorph
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

xenomorph, i got the clamp in today and i've just installed it on my 09 iron. it fits perfectly. the part number you need to order is 604037. i didn't take any pics yet but i will definitely post pics soon.
That's great that it fits!!! Lets see some pics!

Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
lbfam730
Cruiser

The dummy light casing doesn't flush with the clamp but it's not really noticeable. the new clamp comes with a plastic piece that goes inside the clamp above the lights and below the indicator pictures (left arrow, neutral...). the black casing was removed and there's can't be installed on the new clamp.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer

The dummy light casing doesn't flush with the clamp but it's not really noticeable. the new clamp comes with a plastic piece that goes inside the clamp above the lights and below the indicator pictures (left arrow, neutral...). the black casing was removed and there's can't be installed on the new clamp.
Hmmm... I'm not exactly sure what your describing in regards to the "plastic piece". Could you please post a few pics of the new clamp with a brief description on how the installation went so I can better understand.

I'm thinking about ordering the same clamp you bought but I'm waiting on your picks and review before I pull the trigger. Thanks Ibfam!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:05 PM
cherokeesteve
Intermediate

This is in response to the post including the link to the Joker Machine speedo relocation/handle bar clamps.That looks like a very cool product. But $225! I got my replacement handle bar clamp from the HD dealer for $35 plus the Auto Meter speedo clamp from Summit for like $10, heavy duty 3M double sided outdoor tape from Ace for $4. To each his own, I understand. But with the $175 saved you could do some other things to your bike. It'll be a great way to justify to my wife about getting that Avon Venom rear tire I want, "But honey, I just saved us $175 dollars doing the speedo relocation the way that I did."

Last edited by cherokeesteve; 09-27-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Missed reference to previous post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer

I'm helping Lbfam out by posting these images of his bike and the new bar clamp with indicator lights for him. I think this looks GREAT and is an incredible alternative to the hard to find Fishboy clamp everyone talks about!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
UKNightster
Advanced

That does look pretty darn good and a good alternative to the other options. The only question I have is how does the dummy light bar get mounted exactly inside the clamp? I can't really tell from the pictures - does it snap into a holder or screw into place?

Thanks for the pics

Originally Posted by Xenomorph
I'm helping Lbfam out by posting these images of his bike and the new bar clamp with indicator lights for him. I think this looks GREAT and is an incredible alternative to the hard to find Fishboy clamp everyone talks about!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
lbfam730
Cruiser

the two screws will hold the dummy light bar in place. it's good idea to go to home depot and get longer screws since the bar does not slide all the way in to flush with the clamp.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's cool that it's a part you can simply purchase & bolt on but to me it looks just like joebotics factory top clamp cut down.

Here's another option that I think is pretty damn cool...takes care of the speedo, dummy lights...everything. Even adds a tach. I don't know if they're available in black but money talks I guess.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 AM
SHOAT
Road Master

That does look good.

Quick Reply: Nightster bar clamp with indicator lights and NO speedo mount...?