Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster Noob Question

Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 AM
ronn39
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportster Noob Question

ORIGINAL: raven28690

come to think of it, I remember hearing some of my friends with 04 and newer sporties talking about having their ICM's reflashed due to a Bulletin so i would say your wifes does have a computer on board.
THe only thing the ICM flash does is correct the speedometer error. Something I have yet to do because it is grossly wrong.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:28 PM
PearlsofPauline
Cruiser

Hey Brenda...

Didn't get a chance to reply to your last post..and when I got home from our camping trip..could not remember where to find it..
Congratulations on your son returning...that will be a great day for you. I am really happy that in a few short weeks you have found your comfort zone. I too want to add a few new things so I am looking here and stumble across your post. I just got back from Maryland and Delaware...we rode every day...alll day on some really great back roads near Assateague Island and inland from there..it was about 97 degrees and we were fried...I'll be making an appointment soon for my 1000 mile oil change..I can't believe it happened that fast but as I read on here when you are going someplace on a motorcycle you always get there toooo fast.

I am thinking about the Screaming Eagles but will talk to the mechanic at Mills where I go... I call him a Philso-mechanic..part philosopher....all mechanic, a nice guy, I'll keep you posted , although I don't know much about the ones you asked about I can say I have been doing some very good reading here on the forum and have read some excellent info...kudos to those guys who take the time to inform..it is much appreciated.

Let me know how the riding is going...Pauline

Old 07-05-2006, 08:00 PM
mac5793
Advanced

You would not believe the crap that I had to go through and the stuff that I was told had to be done to install the SEII's on my 04 1200C.The dealer wanted $600 for the pipes and installation, Another $375 for the SE air cleaner and rejet. Told me that it would void the warranty unless they did the work. I checked several other dealers and was told different storys and given different pricing on parts and labor.

Long story short. purchased a shop manuel and did the the work myself. The pipes were about a 30 minute job. The air cleaner about another 45. Funny thing was when the shop manager noticed that everything was installed . I ask how can you look at you self in the mirror each morning knowing that they were pretty much stealing their customers hard earned cash. Now don't get me wrong I think that every business should be able to make a proffit so that they can stay in business but this is insane.

At the rate people are buying new bikes Harleys customers will start figuring things out and they will be in a world of hurt.

Good look with your choice,

mac5793

Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Unamed
Road Master

Yea There is a comp on board but it doesnt control your fuel or air, you have a carb for that.

STEALERSHIP!!

Old 07-07-2006, 07:42 PM
PearlsofPauline
Cruiser

So...stupid me...I guess the price in the parts book..is not for a pair..but for a single...Jesus this stuff is getting expensive...at this rate I'll never be buying anything but toys for the bike.

Does adding other parts void your warranty? Also I booked my 1000 mile oil change but they can't see me for a couple of weeks, I told the service guy that I still wanted to ride my bike, he said it was ok...any thoughts on that...thanks...Pauline

Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 PM
cia2a
4th Gear

I have on 05 883C, installed SE slip ons and rejetted. NO DOWNLOAD OR ANYTHING ELSE IS NEEDED.