Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best ECM/Fuel Management System

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
onebagger15
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best ECM/Fuel Management System

I'm a new '10 883 Iron owner and new to turning a wrench on bikes. I was looking to upgrade my exhaust & A/C and wanted some opinions on which fuel management system would be ideal.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:52 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did my exhaust and a/c and then went to the tfi techflusion system. simple and inexpensive.

put 10 of us in a room and you will get 10 different solutions for this question!!!

i think that this is my system:

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/sho...rley&year=2010

Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
blackyck
Tourer

i have a fuelpak. pretty simple to set up.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 PM
F1J1
Tourer

PC III. Top Notch.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
WDHGS
Road Captain

There is an entire section on the forums about elctrical and ignition and ECM mapping and tuners/systems. The majority of those who have been riding a while tend to gravitate toward the Mastertune-TTS because you can modify the air/fuel ratio for optium performance and optium gas mileage for your set-up (pipes, air cleaner, and tuner.) They also tend to have the more unique set-ups. With M-TTS you can continually modify your settings to tweak out every last bit of hp/tq for your bike. The interface module plugs into the bike, the map is downloaded, and the interface module is removed until you connect it again to modify your settings. You can also leave it connected, plug it into you laptop and put it in a backpack, ride around for a half-hour and come back and evaluate the entire set-up with graphs/tables, make your changes via your laptop, and re-load the new settings right back to your bike. You can also get your bike dyno'd with M-TTS for an 85-90% solution right after installation. It's not that complex and includes an instruction manual. The system is not a plug and play like the Power Commander III/IV/V and V&H Fuelpak which both work great for Sportsters. The specific digital settings have been tested and fit most aftermarket components, and the units remain connected to the bike and essentially trick the ECM to adjust for the optium fuel/air mix. But if you plan to make major changes to your engine (cams, upgrades) I believe you will want a better tuner with more capabilities like the M-TTS, and yes, it's more costly.

+1, 10 guys, 10 different answers, 10 different set-ups....

Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so far i am batting 100

4 replies- 4 diff solutions!!

Originally Posted by 09WDHGS
+1, 10 guys, 10 different answers, 10 different set-ups....

Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM
WDHGS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wanabe
so far i am batting 100

4 replies- 4 diff solutions!!
I know--I had a PCIII on my first Sportster with V&H short shots and the SE Stage 1 a/c kit and that bike rocked--somewhere someone is riding a rocket and found out the first time they rolled that throttle!! I just wasn't going to do any more work to it and it was way more than sufficient to get me enough speeding tickets...

Old 06-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Jesla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

+1 for the Mastertune. Mastertune also did the SEST for HD. M-TTS and the SEST are true tuners, the others are really a band-aid type solution. You pays your money and you takes your chances. Should you choose something other than these two you may be completely satisfied but if you want to get the most power and best drive ability I recommend the Mastertune.

Last edited by Jesla; 06-22-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

power commander V. easy peasy. same as PCIII only smaller and easier to hook up to your computer. maps are *slightly* different, but you shouldnt have any problem finding any.

order from FuelMoto and theyll hook you up with whatever map you need; they test them in house.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Aires59
Cruiser

I went with the fulepak - partly because I put V+H shortshots on and partly because it's one of the easiest to set up. It probably doesn't get every last bit of power out of the engine but it stops it running too lean.

Quick Reply: Best ECM/Fuel Management System