Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster and the plan.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:04 PM
TopHatPlus
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nightster and the plan.....

I just bought a 2010 Nightster in janurary 2015 brand new. It has 20 miles on it... i save a huge bundle of $$$$ and got a outstanding motorcycle. My parents both ride harley's (dad - 2007 soft tail and mother - 2007 sportster) so it seemed logical to acquire my own. Started on a 2012 250 ninja (purchased may 2014) as a requirement form my dad. I got the "you can get a license and a bike but you have start out right, on a beginner bike" so that is the past.

I went out shopping for new bikes in november 2014, i am a big "off season" shopper with a bargain in mind. I started looking at the HD street 500/750 but they felt inadequate for my HD ideals. Having spent 5000km on a Ninja 250 it really didn't feel any different, cheap controls, levers, and the bike didn't make me feel inspired. I had also looked into the Kawasaki Er6N and Kawasaki Z1000 as possible bikes. Once i priced out insurance it was a $20/month difference from the street 500 - 1200 Nightster (easy decisions were made)

I went for a trip with my dad to his harley dealer, (poole's Cycle hamilton) and they had this bike sitting there. After discussing the street 500/750 and the direction harley is heading with those bikes and have a deep appreciation for the stereotypical "under engineered over built" ideology of american companies i wanted a true piece of american muscle. A few phone calls, a dozen trips to the bank, a few arm wrestling matches (unrelated) and some really great workouts at the gym (also unrelated) the bike is in my name and waiting for riding weather.

The bike - 2010 Harley Davidson Nightster XL1200N - Black
kilometres as of this date is - 20.0

New parts:
-Performance Machine "Max HP" stage one air intake (contrast cut) http://www.performancemachine.com/mo...rs/MAX-HP.aspx
-Screaming Eagle performance race tuner
-Vans and Hines 2 into 2 Big Radius black exhaust pipes
-Signal trim rings
-Layed down license plate bracket

Plans
-Plasti dip the tail light
-Red calliper Paint
-Ride the bike (not in that order)

Expect a lot of photos, and go pro footage of and on the bike this summer.

Attached Thumbnails Nightster and the plan.....-avatar-2-1.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-avatar-2-3.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-avatar-2-4.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-avatar-2-5.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-avatar-2-6.jpg  

Old 04-03-2015, 04:51 PM
KW HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 428 Posts

Great looking bike.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Sid1200
Road Master
Received 329 Likes on 179 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. I have sat on that very bike a while back. I drop by Pooles when ever I get bored.
Watch out for the ****ing pot holes around here this year, the roads are a mess.
See you on the street

Old 04-04-2015, 12:38 PM
TopHatPlus
Advanced

Haha yeah, the only part of the ride in dreading is getting from pooles to the highway... i live in waterdown and will be mostly in the flamborough area. Pretty excited to get the bike north though, huntsville, highway 11 - 35 - 60.... the best ride last summer was cruising with my dad on the ninja through the highways up there...

I have it set up to get the bike next weekend, the weather looks good (lets hope that only gets better)

Old 04-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Sid1200
Road Master
Received 329 Likes on 179 Posts

Too funny, check out what I have planned for this September.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...l#post13611879

Old 04-04-2015, 11:08 PM
TopHatPlus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sid1200
Too funny, check out what I have planned for this September.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...l#post13611879
Looks like a fun ride, did a similar ride last summer during my G1 phase, tried to avoid major highways due to legality issues.... managed to stay clear of them heading there... not so much after that.... (roles eyes...)

Picked up some plastic dip today, going to black out some chrome trim on my vehicle, its approaching the 10 year mark so the grill is peeling and the trim is showing subtle signs of rust spots... time to black it out, also using this as a pre cursor for the harley, i am going to try and black of some of the tail light.

I was looking at a caliber painting kit today... i love the blacked out look, but i feel like it needs that accent, my favourite look is a well proportioned performance vehicle with red callipers... i see no reason not to make my harley the dream vehicle i have always wanted.

Picking up the bike next saturday... Weather be my friend or i will smite you!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:08 PM
TopHatPlus
Advanced

Tried ordering the DK customs 2.5" tank fit... "feature not available"? How to acquire this item....

Old 04-08-2015, 11:16 AM
TopHatPlus
Advanced

Scratch that, after a fist fight i got the 2.5" tank lift kit ordered, any suggestions for inverting the mirrors?

Old 04-08-2015, 12:26 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by TopHatPlus
Scratch that, after a fist fight i got the 2.5" tank lift kit ordered, any suggestions for inverting the mirrors?

Not sure what was going on with the web page. I was about to tell you to give us a call at the office until i noticed you got it to work. If you have any more problems be sure to give us a call at the office. Great looking bike already. Can't wait to see pictures after the mods

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 04-19-2015, 03:41 PM
TopHatPlus
Advanced

Got my DK customs tank lift kit on Friday, unfortunately i was to busy riding to do anything with it. After riding last night in 0 celsius temperatures at 120 km/h on the 401 headed home from a night out with friends... i turned myself into a frozen thunder missile... My gear was pretty sad... i had chaps and a leather jacket on but i froze.... motocross gloves... a cheap full face helmet felt like a hair dryer in my face with a constant stream of death cold air...

Got the parts installed today.

Dk 2.5" tank lift kit
Stock everything else
Inverted the mirrors

The next step is ignition coil relocate and ignition, red spark plug wires.

Seems odd as i read through the forums, i seem to be a member of a very small % of riders/owners that spent a fair chunk of money to have new pipes/intake/fuel control just for the look? The performance is great but never really conceived that as the reason to change them. This combos sounds outstanding.... That air intake gets a ton of compliments.

Attached Thumbnails Nightster and the plan.....-lift-kit-3.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-lift-kit-2.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-lift-kit-1.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-lift-kit-4.jpg   Nightster and the plan.....-lift-kit-5.jpg  

Quick Reply: Nightster and the plan.....