Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Sportsters allowed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 54 Posts

What a Numb Nut!!!! Do yourself a favor and find another riding club, cause you don't want to associate yourself with the ignorant "I'm to cool for ya" crowd.

The following users liked this post:
duffy8540 (01-11-2020)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
S/SixPack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, you don't need a club to enjoy your Sportster. Just get on it, ride, and enjoy.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
SteveFlintstone
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default correction guys

I stand corrected. He said 1400 cc's. This is a real story. This is a large black club with chapters in 3 states.
He said that he seen guys waste money on Sportsters, only to trade up in a year. He gave me the "advice". $11,000???, the $6,000 I'm spending now was hard to explain to my wife.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

screw em, wouldn't want to ride with the azz hats any way.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

forget him and his club dude.

i'd imagine it'd be pretty miserable and un-enjoyable riding around with a group of douches who looked down at other bikers because of the size of their bike or how much they spent on it.

find a few buddies to ride with and enjoy your bike.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:26 PM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would suggest that it is more than likely if you were a member of another MC or a gnarled old rider, you would have received very different treatment. I'd be more wary of encouraging a "very new rider" on a Sporty into a MC than a veteran rider, too. Either way - clubs have rules, if you don't like their rules, find another club, or conform.

My parents belonged to an all white yacht club, and well, turns out I like black chicks! I didn't like their club rules, so I didn't join.

Move on..

Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP. Forget mc clubs. Find you a riding club. You are new and he was probably just trying to let you down easy. You don't just walk in and say "I want to join your club". You are married with limited income and a mc is just not for you. By this I mean they have rules, you ride when they want you to and help out a bro when they call. maybe at 3 am in the morn. (would your wife like that?) Check out Southern cruisers rc or something like that to find some guys to ride with. you will be much happier. JMHO

Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
To the OP. Forget mc clubs. Find you a riding club. You are new and he was probably just trying to let you down easy. You don't just walk in and say "I want to join your club". You are married with limited income and a mc is just not for you. By this I mean they have rules, you ride when they want you to and help out a bro when they call. maybe at 3 am in the morn. (would your wife like that?) Check out Southern cruisers rc or something like that to find some guys to ride with. you will be much happier. JMHO
+1 here. Why would you want to join one of those MCs? If you're looking for guys to ride with, join a "riding club" not an MC. There are a lot of negatives about the MCs, and their dictating what you ride is just one of them.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
deepsea
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
+1 on that. If the club rides out of state to visit with another charter you're going. If a brother calls in the middle of the night too F'ed up to drive home you're going to get him. It's not for everyone.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default 100 CI w/turbo & under 500 Lbs @ 140 Ft Lbs TQ

Let then try and keep up. Just finishing up but has been riding for a month w/stock suspension.

Quick Reply: No Sportsters allowed!