Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra PowerPro Fi2000 Auto Tune

Old 09-09-2011, 12:56 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PAsportster
The only issue with smart tune is that it takes some time , another words mite take going back to recording , redownload , updating 3 to 4 x . eats up the day of riding quick...
Yeah, I can relate to that. Used to street tune some cars and that took a long time to do.

Have you used the software? I've been eyeing it, but don't want to have something screw up and have to take it to be dyno tuned again.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
PAsportster
Tourer

been using it for a little while , plus you can buy the training cd (helpful)... what really helps is the smart tune , have my VCI recored and drive it down the road at cruise , hammer , using different gears , real world riding .. amazing what you see going on with the motor...
i used the tune that came with the software (1200 upgrade stage 2 ) and tweak it from there ..hell im still tweaking it , (11:3.1 comp , 575 cams , 55cc heads )..

Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM
re-volt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was very excited when the cobra fi2000 powerpro came out, after a short discussion with the dealer they said it will void my warranty and they will not even install it for me, and suggested me the street tuner instead, but i am still waiting to hear any good news about the cobra.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
I think the Smart Tune software takes care of Dyno time. There is no install, as there are no parts that get installed on the bike. You connect the module via the cable directly to the ECM and make modifications that way.

The Smart-Tune software takes the data that is recorded in the ECM of how the bike ran during the ride and modifies values on the map to improve the areas that are too rich or too lean.

Not saying it all works, but that's what it's all designed to do.
Right I understand that but....For those that dont already have a SERT and Cables, software....the dealer will charge you for all of the above plus dyno time and install so all in all I am saving myself labor charges, software, cables, and dyno time. Just that more money for beer and gas. Besides the dealer has to abide by EPA regulations, I know we dont but I just dont have that kinda time on my hands.

I had a Cobra Fi-2000 cl on my last bike and it was perfect form the first start to the last...Cobra makes good **** !!!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 PM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron48
Right I understand that but....For those that dont already have a SERT and Cables, software....the dealer will charge you for all of the above plus dyno time and install so all in all I am saving myself labor charges, software, cables, and dyno time. Just that more money for beer and gas. Besides the dealer has to abide by EPA regulations, I know we dont but I just dont have that kinda time on my hands.

I had a Cobra Fi-2000 cl on my last bike and it was perfect form the first start to the last...Cobra makes good **** !!!

I understand where you are coming from with all of it, in fact sometimes a cheeseburger is better than a steak. I am still stuck on what I want to do with mine, ied's and simple exhaust A/C, or RB 2-1 with A/C and TTS master tune.

Does someone already have dibs on your Xied's if you're getting rid of them?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:06 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer

Just saw this on Dennis Kirk, and for $600.

Product Description:
New patented technology tunes to exactly what air-fuel mixture is needed to create maximum power 80 times per second (does not tune to a predetermined arbitrary AFR)
It reacts, verifies and adjusts to all conditions and riding situations
Provides perfect fuel settings in any condition, with any exhaust system with any engine modifications
No external adjustments needed
No dyno needed
No additional components needed
Does not require wide band oxygen sensors

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...mmyId=20400001
hey aaron can i get dibbs on your x14ied's?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

But........there is nothing to install. And no need for dyno time if you are planning to use the Smart-Tune software. Just have to buy the equipment, which is about $500.

I didn't go the smart-tune route and had the dealer dyno it. There is no way that the bike is in "EPA Regs".

Not putting down the Cobra, I don't know anything bout it and look forward to hearing your reactions.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

You guys fighting over my stuff how sweet....

All I know is I want my 48 to run great without any problems and with some rip yer head off acceleration when I need it to get into traffic or get away from idiots. I have had great luck with Cobra products and I will use this one, IF it sucks I'll tell ya, IF its great I'll tell ya. Either I am using something that somebody doesn't already like. I would love to be the first Idiot that tries every product on the market but I just don't have that kinda money....Maybe that's what I'll do when I retire .

I finally have an Aircleaner that I love and a Exhaust that I love now I just need the extra oomph to complete the package. Put whatever you want on your bike... Yer gonna anyway.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Skunky82
Cruiser

The whole concept is very appealing to me. According the write-up on their web page you can do engine mods and the system will "learn" what you've done and adjust your AFR automatically.

I'm looking at doing the NRHS 1250 kit as well as cam and headwork this winter, having a system that will automatically adjust for the changes vice going and shelling out cash for a SERT and dyno time (and trusting that the dyno tech isn't a moron) seems well worth the cost of the Cobra unit.

That's IF it really works like advertised.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Aaron48
Road Master

Originally Posted by Skunky82
The whole concept is very appealing to me. According the write-up on their web page you can do engine mods and the system will "learn" what you've done and adjust your AFR automatically.

I'm looking at doing the NRHS 1250 kit as well as cam and headwork this winter, having a system that will automatically adjust for the changes vice going and shelling out cash for a SERT and dyno time (and trusting that the dyno tech isn't a moron) seems well worth the cost of the Cobra unit.

That's IF it really works like advertised.
Yep... what you said

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cobra PowerPro Fi2000 Auto Tune