Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK Custom Products Coil Relocation Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks alot Kevin! This is just what I was looking for and the coupon code make it even better!

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Here ya go- there are many different configurations, the pic below is of the one from the link you posted.

The bracket is made from American Cold Rolled Steel. It is 3/16" thick. It is CNC cut in the USA. It is welded in the USA by Americans. It powder coated black (in the USA).

It includes the hardware pictured and the HD SE Wires.

The bracket has a lifetime warranty.

At $73.95 that is good deal. Right now you can use the coupon code of Savings-Ten and get 10% savings on that price.

Kevin

Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DK makes a good quality product. Used their kit on mine. (with ignition relocate too) I don't remember having to pay that much for mine, even with the ignition relocate added in. But I buy so much **** I could be wrong. I'm all for spending a few bucks to get a product that I know fits, rather than trial and error of making something to fit. I don't remember how long it took me to do the relocation. But I also added a set of powder coated rocker covers to my bike that day, and that plus the relocation only took me a little over 3 hours. So its quick and easy to do and their instructions are easy to go by.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I made one for free out of a scrap piece of 2 inch flat stock, a rattle can and spent $12 on another front plug wire. Didn't even have to weld.

Oh ya, Made in America, by an American.

Last edited by Gpsjr10; 04-07-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
opiyone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought I would add to this thread. I just installed the relocation bracket a couple of days ago and thought I would share some pictures and opinions.
The bracket itself seems pretty substantial. I like that it was welded at all bends and seams. Heavy duty stuff. It took maybe 10 min to do this install.
The holes the stock torx screws go into to mount the bracket onto the cylinder heads seem just a little large but I assumed this bracket was also used on a different type of engine that has larger screws?? I dunno but there is enough surface to still get a good torque on the screws to secure it in place.

The Screamin Eagle wires are 10mm which are beefier than the stock which I like if for anything the look of the fat wire but I didn't like how short they were. Maybe 1/2" or 1" more would have been nice because it just seems to me like it would be put in a bind. I am sure there are many people running these same wires with no problems so I am sure its ok.

In case you don't already have a good idea of how to install the bracket the kit does come complete with good directions and materials needed for the swap.

Make sure you have a Torx T45 to remove the screws on top of the cylinders.

Overall I think its a quality product they offer. I have no regrets spending the money to get a finished install on my bike that looks professional. Since I don't have a fab shop to manufacture or weld this worked out good for me. Here are some more pics for the hell of it.

Thanks for looking
Larry

Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Larry for sharing!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:53 PM
z0mbi
Novice

Great pics, Larry! Thank you for taking the time for the review. I really like the clean look this kit gives the bike, and don't have the capability to make a bracket myself, so I'll be grabbing one of these when I buy my Iron for sure.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 PM
opiyone
Intermediate

I made my tank lift and ignition brackets myself but when I got to the coil bracket I wanted something more professional than what I could make since it is in a more noticeable place. After you get it installed you will be very happy I am sure.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 PM
turd fergussen
Tourer

thanks for posting 'opiyone'... looks awesome - wires, instructions, packaging, professional bracket, these things cost money (i'm sure there's a warranty too)... so someone made the bracket for $8... i think you got a great product, well worth it.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:01 AM
xcore
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heyy, a really noob question guys, whats the main agenda of relocating the coil? So that there would be a gap under the tank and the engine?

Old 07-09-2011, 06:46 AM
opiyone
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xcore
Heyy, a really noob question guys, whats the main agenda of relocating the coil? So that there would be a gap under the tank and the engine?
Its not really just for the gap, its to remove the stock wiring harness that is under the tank and clean up the appearance of the engine area. That was my goal anyway. I have read that helps with more air flow , but I don't know about that. I am sure its got to help though.

Larry

Quick Reply: DK Custom Products Coil Relocation Bracket