Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Burly Slammer kit (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/662249-burly-slammer-kit.html)

rickthewelder 07-04-2011 09:19 AM

Burly Slammer kit

Has anyone put this on their sportster, and if so do you have pics ?
Thanks.
RTW.

Razorback Rob 07-04-2011 09:27 AM

I've thought about buying that kit. I've heard terrible things about it. I've seen lots of pics but people say it's too rough. I'm still on the fence about it.

sorensentyler 07-04-2011 09:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a before and after pic. slams the rear end right down. notice the space at the back of the rear fender, that is the only season i slammed it. hated how it looked. i'll live with the sore back for a cool look. i'm going to be investing in a kidney belt.

toby7362 07-05-2011 06:11 PM

I love mine. I put it on a 1993...the ride is fine and really like how it gives me the "sit in the bike" feeling rather than on the bike like the stock set up. If you tell me how to do it, I'll post a pic.

Voony 07-05-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sorensentyler (Post 8530674)
here is a before and after pic. slams the rear end right down. notice the space at the back of the rear fender, that is the only season i slammed it. hated how it looked. i'll live with the sore back for a cool look. i'm going to be investing in a kidney belt.

Have you/are you planning to slam the front too? I only did the rear and was thinking of doing the front as well.

Btw, it's not comfy at all but look cool :)

rickthewelder 07-06-2011 04:35 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded, I'm going to do it. I could always change it back.
Im going to lower both the front and rear.
I'll post pics when I'm done.
Thanks again.
RTW.

sorensentyler 07-06-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Voony (Post 8536206)
Have you/are you planning to slam the front too? I only did the rear and was thinking of doing the front as well.

Btw, it's not comfy at all but look cool :)

i'm not lowering the front end due to the fact that i think it makes the bike look just a little bit more raked out in the front. i took the front fender off and i think that gives it the same look imo. weird i know! hey fellas, enjoy the riding season!

Irishfire1 07-06-2011 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put the slammer kit on my bike and I havent noticed a difference in the ride. The only problem that I have now is getting my lift under the bike. I think im going to have to build some sort of drive up box.

Voony 07-06-2011 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Irishfire1 (Post 8541148)
I put the slammer kit on my bike and I havent noticed a difference in the ride. The only problem that I have now is getting my lift under the bike. I think im going to have to build some sort of drive up box.

I had that problem as well! I generally pull the handlebars to set the bike upright while sliding the jack lift underneath it.

Irishfire1 07-06-2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Voony (Post 8541171)
I had that problem as well! I generally pull the handlebars to set the bike upright while sliding the jack lift underneath it.

Yea I tried that but no luck. Had to drive it up on 2x4's. Like a monkey f-ing a football. Ill figure something out.lol let you know when I do.