Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iron 883, help me pick the right pipes for my bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
doug001
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iron 883, help me pick the right pipes for my bike

ok so hears the deal. i have a 2011 iron 883 and im trying to choose the right pipes. i would really like to go with a blacked out look but chrome can work too for the right pipes. my main concern is performance. i dont want to lose any performance just for some loud pipes. however i do love that loud harley sound. so the options i have come up with are SE slip ons black with black heat shields, rush black slip ons, cycle shack slip ons, v&h straight shots slip ons or the v&h black slip ons that have the same style as the SE slip ons, or ofcourse the v&h short shots or some other v&h full exhaust system. is there a huge difference between full exhaust and slip ons? can i get about the same performance from slip ons with an upgraded a/c and fuel management? let me know what u guys and gals think

Old 10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you should get whatever costs the most money and is also made in the USA

Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 PM
doug001
6th Gear

wow thanks for the help guy

Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Seriously, get the cycle shack slip ons.

They are freaking amazing, and cost half of what the SE slip ons cost.

NO loss of performance at all on my bike when I installed them, just a deep, godlike rumble that put an ear to ear smile on my face.

Plus, for $160, if you don't like them, you can sell them here for probably $120 or so, and only be out a small amount of cash.

They start out LOUD but mellow out quite a bit once you put some miles on them. I got mine very lightly used and I now have about 500 miles on them, and they have mellowed out a little...they are just perfect.

Also, the chrome quality is very good and the install was a breeze. These guys are delivering 2x the exhaust at 1/2 of the price compared to other vendors.

Last edited by parabellum_9x19; 10-12-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok guy, how about you give the rest of the world a break and keep it stock?

But how I figure it, if you're going to lose that soulful, subtle, and respectful stock harley sound, you might as well put as much into the american economy as you can.

You should get RSD tracker 2 into 1s

Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Ok guy, how about you give the rest of the world a break and keep it stock?

But how I figure it, if you're going to lose that soulful, subtle, and respectful stock harley sound, you might as well put as much into the american economy as you can.

You should get RSD tracker 2 into 1s
I've done a lot of informal testing with the cycle shack slip ons and they are not too loud. At a light, the driver next to me does NOT roll up his window, that is a very good sign.

I remember posting that I was probably the only guy happy with the stock pipes, and I remember you agreeing with me. It only took me about a month to change my opinion on that, I got sick of not being able to hear my bike when stopped at idle.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We are 100% made in the USA.
You can expect about a 5hp gain with our 2.00" baffle slip-on. With any of our slip-ons or full systems, you will see a performance gain when properly tuned. Adding a high flow a/c and dyno tune will really bring the performance to life.
Our slip-ons are $359.95 and short system is $399.95. (black series)
http://www.rushracingproducts.com/blacksport09_10.html
http://www.rushracingproducts.com/blacksportfull.html

You will not see a huge difference in the performance between the two but there is a difference in the sound. The slip-ons will have a deeper tone than the full system and that generally applies to all manufacturers.
Most people are very happy with our 2.00" baffle slip on muffler, it has a deep aggressive tone and the best overall performance increase.

Let me know if you would like more info.
-Ryan

Old 10-12-2011, 03:27 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't think I've ever heard someone who didn't love their Rush slip ons, I just haven't had a chance to hear them in person yet. :-(

Old 10-12-2011, 03:28 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

you... you think my muscles are well toned?

Ok. I made my point, that I think this aftermarket loud pipe thing is bullshit and the first thing every poser or loudmouth does when he gets a new bike is tries to make the exhaust match is own need for attention...

apologies to the OP if this is not you.

I also stand by my suggestion of RSD Trackers.

IF I were to get aftermarket pipes, those are the ones I would get. Or bobcat 2 in to 1s.

Or just be like everyone else and get V&H short shots.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
you... you think my muscles are well toned?

Ok. I made my point, that I think this aftermarket loud pipe thing is bullshit and the first thing every poser or loudmouth does when he gets a new bike is tries to make the exhaust match is own need for attention...

apologies to the OP if this is not you.

I also stand by my suggestion of RSD Trackers.

IF I were to get aftermarket pipes, those are the ones I would get. Or bobcat 2 in to 1s.

Or just be like everyone else and get V&H short shots.
My favorite 2-1 right now is the RB Racing one, but I'll have to look into the RSD trackers, never heard of them before.

Quick Reply: iron 883, help me pick the right pipes for my bike