Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Need input on new solo spring seat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/701613-need-input-on-new-solo-spring-seat.html)

barrygreen 10-25-2011 07:24 PM

Need input on new solo spring seat

2 Attachment(s)
So please be honest, It seems comfortable sitting on it but before I finish mounting it I wanted to see what everyone else thinks. Me, I think it is a little small or maybe it is just going to take some getting used too after the stock seat. I only paid $65 for the seat, front mount and 3" springs.

If I decide no then it is up for sale soon for what I paid.
I really wanted a 48 seat...kinda wished I had gone with that.

But it is kinda growing on me :icon_goofygrin:

Thanks
Barry

Pagan48 10-25-2011 07:31 PM

Looks a little small to me but that being said the proof is in the ride. Ride it decide if it's the seat for you. For $65, if it works out for you it's a great deal.

mreed 10-25-2011 11:12 PM

I like it

streetfighter06 10-26-2011 06:46 AM

Not too small at all. Looks really sweet.

barrygreen 10-26-2011 07:29 AM

Thinking I need a plate under the seat to get the full effect, Going to use mreed"s idea.

Rev. V! 10-26-2011 09:09 AM

Looks about the same size as mine.
At first it seemed small, the stock seat is a lot bigger....but after a few rides I adjusted.
Just ride it and you'll soon know one way or another.

Voony 10-26-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by barrygreen (Post 8973833)
Thinking I need a plate under the seat to get the full effect, Going to use mreed"s idea.

I agree with having a small plate underneath it to make it look cleaner. I'm very interested in your rear fender. Where does that come from?

barrygreen 10-26-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Voony (Post 8974293)
I'm very interested in your rear fender. Where does that come from?

It is the stock fender

joebotics 10-26-2011 01:03 PM

Hey Barry... did you get a chance to ride it with those 3'' springs?... I installed 3'' on mine.. and damn... those things are so rigid!!.. I wonder if there is a way to soften those springs... I already put about 7500 miles on them.. no nuttin!!.. as rigid as the day I installed them...

Rev. V! 10-26-2011 02:57 PM

Wow, Joe, really?
I have 3" springs on my solo and they are far from rigid, plenty of give.
I'm guessing yours have a higher temper in the steel....where did you get yours?
I got mine off of e-bay, I can dig up the vendor if you'd like.

joebotics 10-26-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rev. V! (Post 8975155)
Wow, Joe, really?
I have 3" springs on my solo and they are far from rigid, plenty of give.
I'm guessing yours have a higher temper in the steel....where did you get yours?
I got mine off of e-bay, I can dig up the vendor if you'd like.

Hey Rev!!... I bought them from a local store.. I also have a set from licks... they feel identical.. the original 2'' that came with my licks solo seat have plenty of give but are too short for the seat I'm using now.. please let me know where you got them because these are too rigid compared to the 2''.. do you remember if you were able to squeeze yours with one hand?.. I can do it with the 2''... the 3'' only a bodybuilder can do... :-)

thanks much !!

Rev. V! 10-26-2011 03:48 PM

I got mine from this place-

http://stores.ebay.com/Accufast-2-d-...id=p4340.l2563

I had 2" ones on and I loved how they looked, but they would bottom out, the 3"s don't and are a LOT more comfortable.
I don't have the bottoms bolted to anything, I just shaved down a rubber stopper about 2/3 of the way down so it fits in the spring and that rests on the frame.

barrygreen 10-26-2011 08:12 PM

I haven't ridden it yet, decided this afternoon to install it . I will let you know!

bmxatv 10-28-2011 02:38 PM

too skinny for me but looks cool as hell and as long as you like it and it feels comfy.