Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Finally decided to go to the RSD Clip-Ons route....work in progress (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/703938-finally-decided-to-go-to-the-rsd-clip-ons-route-work-in-progress.html)

WildThang 11-03-2011 08:53 AM

It is the RSD Cafe seat (manufactured by Mustang). I believe it is lower and slightly moved back than the original stock posistion (I had a modified seat prior to the RSD)

aqcr_28 11-03-2011 09:06 AM

Good job on the mods..... Definitely a sweet looking bike!!

poisonthesteve 11-03-2011 09:37 AM

looks sick dude! i was looking at getting clip ons, but they were rediculously expensive! so i bought flat drags for like 30 bucks.

JohnFromBrooklyn 11-03-2011 04:21 PM

Very nice!

streetfighter06 11-03-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by poisonthesteve (Post 9003292)
looks sick dude! i was looking at getting clip ons, but they were rediculously expensive! so i bought flat drags for like 30 bucks.

Don't know where you looked, but I got my bars for $100.

:icon_eating:

Ironpharaoh 11-09-2011 08:01 PM

Wildthang, love everything you've done, and am going same direction on my iron 883....Licks bags, bobcat, rsd seat and now the clip ons. (sorry, but I've been stalking your bike since way back! ) just wondering how the bobcats are doing in the loudness department? I want the deep bass rumble they make, but worry they might be too loud....I really don't want to bother anyone, including the cops. So, if I keep it light on the throttle, can I remain civil?

WildThang 11-10-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ironpharaoh (Post 9026695)
Wildthang, love everything you've done, and am going same direction on my iron 883....Licks bags, bobcat, rsd seat and now the clip ons. (sorry, but I've been stalking your bike since way back! ) just wondering how the bobcats are doing in the loudness department? I want the deep bass rumble they make, but worry they might be too loud....I really don't want to bother anyone, including the cops. So, if I keep it light on the throttle, can I remain civil?

That is what makes the Bocats so cool on this bike...when you start the bike it instanly commands respect with its distinctive low rumble unlike any other pipe (believe me....I research numerous and numerous pipes...listen to so many pipes on You Tube I thought they were going to permantly imprint on my brain). However, the noise leve itself is relatively of low volume...until you crank the throttle...then they bark impressively.

HERE 11-10-2011 07:25 AM

Very cool! How is the clip on's with forward controls?

bmxatv 11-11-2011 07:34 AM

sweet ride dude. that seat and the mini windshield set that thing off imo. nicely balanced.

Jackal 11-11-2011 07:42 AM

Nice, if I weren't 6'2" and prone to a sore lower back from being doubled over like that...I'd be all about some clip-ons myself. Love the look and ride...for short periods. ;) Looks awesome man.