Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!

Hello SuperLow owners! I have seen several threads all over and wanted to start a centralized tread for us to meet to: brag, make introductions, ask questions, show off mods, etc. I hope this will work!

I will start. I am a relatively new rider, 5 foot 1 1/2 inches tall, and love all things Willie G. I've had my SuperLow for one year and made several mods so I can ride him and make him mine. So far I have put on: forward controls, min floorboards, LED front headlight, mustang seat, screaming eagle stage 1 exhaust including dyno, audio system, and custom made handlebars.

My bike is at the painters now so no pictures at this time. I am also going to have touring saddlebags, LED license plates, and LED reflectors put on the bike. Finally, I have been talked into converting to a 1200 even though I love the 883 the way it is now. I plan of doing a fair amount of touring around.

I saw that Mike Z put on a cow bell and I am very interested in how he was able to mount it on the bike. If I can do this, I will also be adding a Mini Beastie air horn.

That's it (for now)!

YOUR TURN!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
aklim156581
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5'9 210# here. I have Wild1 Chubby 508 bars, Mustang Seat, obviously different control cables.

Plans for spring would be D&D Bobcat or Bassani Road Rage, NRHS or SE Heavy Breather AC. To tune it, either Powervision or SEPST and a dyno tune to get it right.

Thinking of the NRHS 1250 upgrade, heads and cams

Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They seem to be great bikes we love ours!

Attached Thumbnails SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!-img_0660.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chrisangie
They seem to be great bikes we love ours!
I know! I have seen your posts about some of the trips you have taken. I am So impressed! What is the longest ride you have taken? Any recommendations on what is needed (mods or gear) for a long trip on the SuperLow?

Old 01-15-2012, 02:39 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ColoHarleyGirl
I know! I have seen your posts about some of the trips you have taken. I am So impressed! What is the longest ride you have taken? Any recommendations on what is needed (mods or gear) for a long trip on the SuperLow?
LOL thanks we really like to hit the road. We road to Sturgis and back that was right at 1500 one way took us 2.5 days for that. And road down to the Gulf and road 2000 miles in 5 days, done 1500 to DC and back over Memorial weekend. Really done most of those stock other than pipes,K&N filter and XIEDS. We road 13000 miles last year all together and is real good considering she has just been riding a year in Oct.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
aklim156581
Road Master

Originally Posted by ColoHarleyGirl
I took 2 rides, each 1.5 hrs one way. At the end of the day of the first ride, I wouldn't let you touch my butt. It was SORE. Probably because I wasn't that used to riding. Next time, it was much better with the Mustang Solo Wide Touring with backrest. Also got the seat for the wife and a sissy bar with a good pad.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:00 AM
JTimes
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lonnie, I am excited to see that you have started a thread for us Superlow owners!

I am 56, 5'5" and have been riding about a year and a half. My first bike was a Honda Rebel, then I went to a Yamaha VStar 650 and now I'm on my favorite bike - my 2011 Superlow which I bought this past July. I was 'this close' to giving up riding as I really did not enjoy the Yamaha or the fact that I was having a hard time keeping up with my husband and the Heritage when we would go out riding. After getting a lecture for not staying closer and that I should be going faster, I decided that was it...I quit...I didn't want to ride anymore...he could sell the Yamaha and I would just ride on the back with him. He felt bad and said he didn't want me to quit, so that's when we bought my Superlow. (Just a note, I had been sitting on and wanting this bike ever since it came out!) All I can say is that when I rode it for the first time (in the school parking lot), I was totally amazed as to how much easier it was to manuever and ride than the Honda or Yamaha. I finally have a bike that I feel connected to and really enjoy riding! Ok, I'm sure that's information that you really didn't want to know, but thought I would share my 'beginnings' with you :0)

As far as my 'Boyfriend' (my bikes name) goes, I haven't done any modifications to it so far. I do have a Mustang seat ordered that should be here tomorrow and I've added a fork bag. I'm planning on adding a luggage rack soon. I've also been thinking about changing to forward controls as a couple of other ladies that are in my HOG chapter have put them on their sportsters and love them. Lonnie, I was wondering if you had any trouble getting use to yours? I am concerned that I won't feel like I have as much control of my bike if my legs are stretched out.

Looking forward to reading more from each of you!

Joan

Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM
aklim156581
Road Master

Originally Posted by JTimes
I was 'this close' to giving up riding as I really did not enjoy the Yamaha or the fact that I was having a hard time keeping up with my husband and the Heritage when we would go out riding.

As far as my 'Boyfriend' (my bikes name) goes,
I call mine "The Mistress". You ride it and spend money on making it better behind the wife's back. I guess you have to call it "stud for hire" or something

Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain

JTimes- Glad to see you enjoying your bike, You will have no problem keeping up on the sporty for shure! A great thing we use when we ride are a set of Scala Riders for bike to bike communication. We get on the road can have a talk if we want and warn each other about stuff going on around us. They made our riding so much better. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JTimes
Lonnie, I am excited to see that you have started a thread for us Superlow owners!

I am 56, 5'5" and have been riding about a year and a half. My first bike was a Honda Rebel, then I went to a Yamaha VStar 650 and now I'm on my favorite bike - my 2011 Superlow which I bought this past July. I was 'this close' to giving up riding as I really did not enjoy the Yamaha or the fact that I was having a hard time keeping up with my husband and the Heritage when we would go out riding. After getting a lecture for not staying closer and that I should be going faster, I decided that was it...I quit...

Lonnie, I was wondering if you had any trouble getting use to yours? I am concerned that I won't feel like I have as much control of my bike if my legs are stretched out.

Looking forward to reading more from each of you!

Joan
Hello Joan!

I am glad you are off the VStar 650 and onto a fast and nimble bike! My sister had a VStar 650 and it was a dog IMHO. She could not stay up with the group as well. As far as forward controls, I love them. It took me no time to get used to them. The only thing I still need to remember is to hug the tank going around the corners for more stability but even if I forget, the SuperLow is very forgiving. I almost dropped by bike with mid-pegs and it scared the cramp out of me. Once I made the change, life is good. I am able to stretch out my legs and with mini floorboards it makes a big difference.

I think it is important and interesting to see how or why we picked the SuperLow. It allows us to get to know each of us better! Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!