Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vince & Hines vs Screamin Eagle

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Sporty-ROL
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vince & Hines vs Screamin Eagle

What do you prefer on the sportster Vince & Hines or Screamin Eagle exhausts???

Definitly the stock exhaust sounds like **** !!!
and i vote for roaring Screamin eagles
who is with me??

Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Sportrider79
Cruiser

I know V & H are great quality but unless your going for a whole new look on your exhaust Screamin' Eagle is definatly the most cost effective way to go. Mine are pleanty loud enough were I don't need to spend $600 on new pipes. I got other places I can put money on the bike

Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
fox4
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how much sound you want and if you want your exhaust to still be "street legal". The new SE mufflers are all 50 state street legal as far as noise output and aren't any louder than the stock mufflers. They are just a different sound. V&H on the other hand are very loud and not street legal. If you are looking for just a slip on muffler I would suggest checking out the Rush slip ons with 1.75" baffle. They are probably somewhere between the SE and V&H slip ons and are my favorite sounding muffler.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
dwagar
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

I think it prob depends on which V&H v which SEs.

My 06 came (I bought it used) with Short Shots. Crazy loud, and I was always fighting to tune it. I found a pair of the old SE-II slip ons, still loud enough for my liking, gained IIRC 7 HP on the dyno over the SS's.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Sportrider79
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fox4
Depends on how much sound you want and if you want your exhaust to still be "street legal". The new SE mufflers are all 50 state street legal as far as noise output and aren't any louder than the stock mufflers. They are just a different sound. V&H on the other hand are very loud and not street legal. If you are looking for just a slip on muffler I would suggest checking out the Rush slip ons with 1.75" baffle. They are probably somewhere between the SE and V&H slip ons and are my favorite sounding muffler.
I don't know about it not being much louder,

Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Screamin' Eagle SP Slip-ons on my 09' and Im very happy with them.

I've never had V&H so I can't comment on the performance difference between the two but I have listened to enough that I know the sound difference. The V&H are very loud IMO. Anything that can set off car alarms when driving by is too loud for me and turned me off. Of course many people like that decibel level so it's personal preference. On the other hand the SE SP Slip-ons have a nice deep rumble to them and sound great to my ears.

Some people will say that the SE pipes are too quiet but they are quite a bit louder than stock and wont annoy the hell out of your neighbors.

I had made a nice video of the diffence between stock and SE SP...before install and immediately after, sadly I lost the video when my pc crashed and had to be wiped clean.

Last edited by sajackson; 04-28-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 AM
fox4
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sportrider79
I don't know about it not being much louder,

Haha it looks like you have the old SE mufflers that were loud! I love the sound of the old SE II mufflers when Cycle Shack made them. They were a quality product.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Sportrider79
Cruiser

its a video link if you didnt know, (couldnt get it to post up with the play arrow) the first one is the first start up after I converted it to a 1200 and the 2nd is with about 50 miles on the new engine so I was still being nice to it, yes they are the SE II and they are pleanty loud even at low speed through down town I set off car alarms, makes me giggle every time

Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
fox4
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sportrider79
its a video link if you didnt know, (couldnt get it to post up with the play arrow) the first one is the first start up after I converted it to a 1200 and the 2nd is with about 50 miles on the new engine so I was still being nice to it, yes they are the SE II and they are pleanty loud even at low speed through down town I set off car alarms, makes me giggle every time
Ahh thanks for the heads up on the video. I thought it was just some crazy phone pocket picture haha.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM
PasadenaNightster
Cruiser

I have the black screamin' eagle slip ons and Im happy with them. They are louder than stock and give a good rumble. No where near the V&H as far as loudness goes. However If i get on the throttle i could def hear how much louder they are compared to stock

Quick Reply: Vince & Hines vs Screamin Eagle