Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom made Fender Struts on Swingarm, Custom Bars, and Custom Plateholder (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
FlatIron
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Custom made Fender Struts on Swingarm, Custom Bars, and Custom Plateholder (PICS)

So fortunately for me, i have a friend who is a very skilled fabricator, that is able to bring my ideas to life. He made the pipes on my bike, and he made all of the following parts....Except the Taillight. Please keep in mind, i plan on getting everything either repainted or powder coated. As usual i am always open to everyone's' opinions

I wanted to get the same flush fender look that i had when i was riding solid struts, i was tired of always rubbing on big bumps after doing my chop, so i had an idea of what i wanted to do, and let my buddy go at it. I wanted to continue my brass and black theme. I knew i wanted the struts to bolt onto the fender, i was able to find some brass acorn nuts to give it a nice touch

The best way i could mount the fender to the swingarm was to have him weld a tab on, and bolt the fender to it. While i dont feel this is the cleanest way, i will admit you can not even notice it on the bike unless you look for it.

I also wanted to do something about the tailights to make it look as clean as possible, i picked up this LED taillight from Chromeglow.com Just a heads up, they told me i needed a load equalizer, guess what, i didnt.

I saw this plate holder on ledsledcustoms.com and decided i wanted something similar, without the price tag, showed him a picture and we decided it looked better curved, and he is the result. Cool part is you cant even see it from behind... cops haven't bothered me just yet.

I know.... im gonna get it powdercoated

Next up was the bars, i knew i wanted something a little higher than my old drag bars, i knew i wanted sharp angles, and i knew i wanted a little more pullback. We took it from there and ended up with these, completely eliminated the risers... after getting these done, i realized how bad i need to do the micro switches along with new smaller levers. Took my olf Fatboy dummy lights and had him weld a small little tab for them. I wanted to put them in the crossbar, but it was just too big.

Lastly, i took the stock, bar clamp and cut the speedo ring off, made it smooth and round, and mounted it in the gauge holder, painted the ring gold, to match the theme and bam! looks clean as hell

And here are a few pictures i decided to take after all was said and done.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED! Feel free to express your thought or if you have any questions.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Ironman 883
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those bars are prettyyy damn bad.
Nice work man, very cool

Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 AM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your rear light display is cool as hell.

And I expect the police to bust your *** on an obstructed plate.

Other than that, I dig it. Good job! You are lucky to have such a cool friend.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Krowbar
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absurd, bro. Personally, I would have liked to see a little more rise out of the bars, but that's just me. Sick phuckin' bike though man...

Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Krowbar
Banned

P.S. rear light set-up is bad ***! Clean man. I see your youtube name is 4G63.. I used to own a Turbo Talon myself! haha

Old 07-09-2012, 02:31 AM
caaraa
Banned

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fukin killer.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:39 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks awesome! I ate a flat iron at tgi fridays last week!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Love the slammed fender, one of the few Ive seen that look good with shocks. Great job.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 AM
marine_hm@hotmail.com
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's one HOT ride!

Quick Reply: Custom made Fender Struts on Swingarm, Custom Bars, and Custom Plateholder (PICS)