Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joker Machine Led turn signal install

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM
DamanC7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joker Machine Led turn signal install

Hey I am installing the joker machine fork clip on led turn signals but ran into some trouble. The stock turn signals have a black, blue, and purple wire and th JM ones have just one red and one black.

Any ideas how to connect??

Joker Machine Led turn signal install-ebysk.jpg

Last edited by DamanC7; 07-30-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Zack Bradley
Cruiser

Use the box your turn signals and brake light plugs into. The black tips for the signals allow you to pull the wires out to re-use.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 PM
DamanC7
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zack Bradley
Use the box your turn signals and brake light plugs into. The black tips for the signals allow you to pull the wires out to re-use.
Can you clarify? I'm still a little confused how to connect 3 wires to two. Are you saying just discard one of them?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:10 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DamanC7
Can you clarify? I'm still a little confused how to connect 3 wires to two. Are you saying just discard one of them?
i got these turn signals.
you are over complacting things.
forget about the 3rd wire you do not need it .
use the black one for earth and another one to make it flash (if i remember its the purple one) the 3rd one acts as a running light.
as i say join up the black one 1st then just temp join one of the remaining wire to see if it flashes if it just lights up the use the other one . you wont blow anything.
then just cut and make safe the remaining wire

Attached Thumbnails Joker Machine Led turn signal install-rear-shot.jpg   Joker Machine Led turn signal install-harley-grill.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Zack Bradley
Cruiser

On your factory turn signals the end of the wire that you unpluged from your brake light is 2 wires. One black and one purple. The other wire you are talking about is like hogdiver said, it is for running lights. The purple wire hooks to your handle bar controls telling them to blink, the black is ground, and the other is hooked to your ignition so that when you turn the key over, the lights come on.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 AM
MrCookie
Tourer

did you get a load equlizer for it so they still blink. LED's don't take as much power as a regular light bulb so the flasher may not work.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Zack Bradley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MrCookie
did you get a load equlizer for it so they still blink. LED's don't take as much power as a regular light bulb so the flasher may not work.
+1 I had to get some for my truck when I installed LEDs.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MrCookie
was this aimed at me?
i have not yet gotten around to putting a load equalizer on but yes you do need one as the turn signals flash a lot quicker than normal.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 PM
DamanC7
Advanced

Thanks guys this is great advice. I assume there are different versions of the load equalizer - which one is right? Also sick bike man! Where did you get that light grill?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:31 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Thanks guys this is great advice. I assume there are different versions of the load equalizer - which one is right? Also sick bike man! Where did you get that light grill?
Cant give ya any advice on load equalizers, dont cut those signal wires there run the jokers back to under the tank they are long enough and you can sell those stock ones.
head-light grill http://roughcrafts.com/rough_hard_parts.html

Quick Reply: Joker Machine Led turn signal install