Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me Test my ECM?

Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
mikemock
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me Test my ECM?

i have a custom wiring harness in my 07 efi sporty and i am getting a few codes. it could possibly be in the wiring but it could also be that my ECM is bad. but i have no way to test my ECM. the bike cranks and runs but skips at low idle. but like i said, it has a totally custom harness. the ecm worked fine before the re-wire so i am hoping that it is in the wiring Can someone on here let me send them my ECM and plug up to your bike to see if your bike runs ok with my ECM. i think you will have to do a relearn but i have no other way to know for sure if my ecm is bad. i do not want to buy another ECM if my problem is in my wires. i dont want to sound like an *** but i dont need anyone to try and diagnose my problem from this post because all i need is my ecm tested out. it would be impossible to diagnose w/o you looking at the bike and the harness. oh yeah, the codes i am getting on my tuner are TPS open or high, Engine temp high, and Intake air temp open or high. LEt me know

Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's in your wiring, and you know it! There is no test for a bad ECM, btw. Not even at the dealer, they can only diagnose it by process of elimination, like you are doing, but you haven't really eliminated the possibilities. If you had traced down all those codes and eliminated them, someone may be willing to do what you asked, but otherwise I doubt it. Get back to work.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Harleyrider6.7
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem HELP!!!

Originally Posted by mikemock
i have a custom wiring harness in my 07 efi sporty and i am getting a few codes. it could possibly be in the wiring but it could also be that my ECM is bad. but i have no way to test my ECM. the bike cranks and runs but skips at low idle. but like i said, it has a totally custom harness. the ecm worked fine before the re-wire so i am hoping that it is in the wiring Can someone on here let me send them my ECM and plug up to your bike to see if your bike runs ok with my ECM. i think you will have to do a relearn but i have no other way to know for sure if my ecm is bad. i do not want to buy another ECM if my problem is in my wires. i dont want to sound like an *** but i dont need anyone to try and diagnose my problem from this post because all i need is my ecm tested out. it would be impossible to diagnose w/o you looking at the bike and the harness. oh yeah, the codes i am getting on my tuner are TPS open or high, Engine temp high, and Intake air temp open or high. LEt me know

Im having the same problem on my 2010 sportster what did you do to fix it?