Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a velocity stack w/EFI Sportster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:10 AM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

you guys arent scared running stacks with no filter?

Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
off topic...any chance you can do a thread about your bar end mirrors? I have RSD clip-ons and Grips but cant see anyway of putting bar end mirrors on these..cheers
The bar end mirrors are Oberon 7/8" bar end mirrors. I bored a 11/16" hole (same I.D. as a 7/8" steel handlebar) in the end of the clip-on bar. The stock grips are rubber so I just used an exacto knife around a socket large enough for the mirror to fit through. Your RSD grips probably have a metal end.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 AM
grancuda
Road Master

Originally Posted by John Harper
Very well done, classy and understated, nice blue. Stack looks good, how's it for performance?

John

Got the Outerwears & Dobeck EJK installed over the weekend & did a little tuning to it. *It runs great & I am getting slightly better mileage out if it. *It seems to rev quicker & has much better throttle response but that may be the EJK. I like hearing that open throttle body when at full throttle. *

Old 09-05-2012, 12:49 AM
rickss69
Stellar HDF Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Someone do a dyno run with the velocity stack and then with a a/c and let us know the real difference.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:52 PM
AWelshHooligan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't even find that stack on their website????????? can you put a link up for it????

Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my newly installed Velociraptor. Looks like a velocity stack, but has a K&N filter inside.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
grancuda
Road Master

Originally Posted by AWelshHooligan
I can't even find that stack on their website????????? can you put a link up for it????

https://www.designsbynovello.com/Det...ID=70&category=

Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
Here's my newly installed Velociraptor. Looks like a velocity stack, but has a K&N filter inside.

That is one sweet 72-love it! Yeah a filter is alway a good idea.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
grancuda
Road Master

Originally Posted by XKnight

I saw the velociraptor but didn't think it really looked like a velocity stack, too short & wide. I did think it was cool they put a K&N filter in it but the size of the filter I think would choke down the air flow, probably less filter sq/in than a stock filter. Plus it doesn't function as a velocity stack since the mounting flange is in the flow of the stack so there is not a smooth flow from velocity stack to throttle body throat.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone running a velocity stack w/EFI Sportster?-velociraptor.jpg  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grancuda
I saw the velociraptor but didn't think it really looked like a velocity stack, too short & wide. I did think it was cool they put a K&N filter in it but the size of the filter I think would choke down the air flow, probably less filter sq/in than a stock filter. Plus it doesn't function as a velocity stack since the mounting flange is in the flow of the stack so there is not a smooth flow from velocity stack to throttle body throat.
I bought it because I liked the way it looks and the price was right at under $150. I haven't noticed any difference in performance after installing it. I should have my Dynojet Power Vision this weekend and hope to get the bike tuned and running even better, but it actually seems to be running very well as is. No stuttering, backfiring, unusual decel popping, etc.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a velocity stack w/EFI Sportster?