Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 AM
RangerBradley
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipes

So I have asked around and see all sorts of answers. I have a 2010 Iron and want to put V&H Short Shots. Hers is what I have Ben told to get
1. Pipes, V&H fuel pack
2. Pipes, SE high flow air filter, power commander and dyno time
3. Pipes Harley fuel system and dyno
4. Just pipes and I will be good.

Any thoughts on what would be best is great, I am on a limited budget though.

Thanks

Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Pipes alone....Ok
Pipes and Air cleaner ....need to richen it up abit for maximum performance
and for that I recommend a Powervision

Old 05-25-2013, 12:45 PM
ib5150
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not saying the Power Vision is not worth the money because I have never owned one to know but you will pay more for the Power Vision than for the pipes and stage 1 intake, if money is no concern then from what I hear Power Vision is a good way to go but if money is tight then you might check out the Power Commander V also made by DynoJet, it gets the job done just fine.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:27 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RangerBradley
So I have asked around and see all sorts of answers. I have a 2010 Iron and want to put V&H Short Shots. Hers is what I have Ben told to get
1. Pipes, V&H fuel pack
2. Pipes, SE high flow air filter, power commander and dyno time
3. Pipes Harley fuel system and dyno
4. Just pipes and I will be good.

Any thoughts on what would be best is great, I am on a limited budget though.

Thanks
"Her[e] is what I have Ben [been] told to get:"

Noone should ever tell you "what to get" - I mean we can make suggestions all day long, but what you install or hang off your bike should be your own decision based on your own information gleened from your own investigations of all the different possibilities.

There is no magic answer or pill exclusively for your needs and desires.

How about instead of just asking us what you need, you spend some time getting edjimicated instead, so through this newfound knowledge and familiarity you can make your own decisions, eh? Then from that point on you can decide what you really want and need, AND know exactly what you can afford or what you can do without until such a time you can have it all.

Truth be told I about went insane on information quests after buying my '09 Iron in regards to what exhaust and intake mods I wanted, and finally what tuner I was going to ultimately purchase, and this quest was well worth it. The piles of information I gleened during that exercise [in frustration at times] helped me inadvertantly learn and understand about the different systems on my bike that I hadn't had knowledge of prior. Knowledge is both a wonderful and a powerful thing, so go out and get it! It's not like I'm lazy or anything but I promise you in the end you'll be glad you did it yourself, for that certain sense of pride...

=8^)

Old 05-25-2013, 01:41 PM
LeFat1
Cruiser

Drewbone is exactly correct. Now go get the V&H short shots and a K&N air filter..

Old 05-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get the short shots and want the deep Harley sound, make sure you get the quiet baffles with them. They take that raspy tingy sound away and give you a nice deep toned rumble. Plus you will get some power back from the back pressure they create.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:24 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

only paid $412 for my PV Shipped

Last edited by barrygreen; 05-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:44 PM
LeFat1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Captain Smooth
If you get the short shots and want the deep Harley sound, make sure you get the quiet baffles with them. They take that raspy tingy sound away and give you a nice deep toned rumble. Plus you will get some power back from the back pressure they create.
I have the standard baffles that came with the short shots and they sound just great. Of course I lived thru the 70's so my hearing might not be as good as yours. But more importantly, Captain, where did you get ur avatar..Makes me want to touch myself everytime I see it, and I lived thru the 50's too.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:04 PM
rickss69
Stellar HDF Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone
"Her[e] is what I have Ben [been] told to get:"

Noone should ever tell you "what to get" - I mean we can make suggestions all day long, but what you install or hang off your bike should be your own decision based on your own information gleened from your own investigations of all the different possibilities.

There is no magic answer or pill exclusively for your needs and desires.

How about instead of just asking us what you need, you spend some time getting edjimicated instead, so through this newfound knowledge and familiarity you can make your own decisions, eh? Then from that point on you can decide what you really want and need, AND know exactly what you can afford or what you can do without until such a time you can have it all.

Truth be told I about went insane on information quests after buying my '09 Iron in regards to what exhaust and intake mods I wanted, and finally what tuner I was going to ultimately purchase, and this quest was well worth it. The piles of information I gleened during that exercise [in frustration at times] helped me inadvertantly learn and understand about the different systems on my bike that I hadn't had knowledge of prior. Knowledge is both a wonderful and a powerful thing, so go out and get it! It's not like I'm lazy or anything but I promise you in the end you'll be glad you did it yourself, for that certain sense of pride...

=8^)
He wasnt asking what pipes to get Bonehead...he just wanted to know what was the best mods to go along with them, not a freakin rant. And you guys wonder why they never come back...

Old 05-25-2013, 09:35 PM
LeFat1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rickss69
He wasnt asking what pipes to get Bonehead...he just wanted to know what was the best mods to go along with them, not a freakin rant. And you guys wonder why they never come back...
where'd he go?

Quick Reply: Pipes