Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made the trade (gun for Nightster) and here it is:

Old 02-24-2014, 07:58 PM
nauzerlvr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made the trade (gun for Nightster) and here it is:

We made an agreement on the trade for the gun for the nightster. Here's the deal on the bike. It was original bought in Alabama by someone that added rear foot pegs for a passenger, the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather, a Vance and Hines Fuel Pack and the Short Shots Staggered. He also added shorter Progressive Rear shocks and Harley Davidson LED accent lights and some really shitty bar grips. Obviously he decided he no longer wanted the bike or perhaps something scared him because he sold it to the guy that I bought it from. He bought it and let it sit in his workshop intending to ride it but never got around to actually doing it. He finally decided it was taking up too room in his shop (he's building two cars, one of which is a '32 Roadster Saweet! he advertised it on Craigslist where I saw it and contacted him about the "trade" he might be interested in. Anyway, the bike was filthy having obviously never being washed or cleaned in 7 years! Battery was almost dead and the tires looked like the first guy rode it without proper tire inflation because the back tire did not have good tread on it.

It cranked and with the V&H SS installed was pretty loud. We traded and I rode the bike home ( right at 50 miles) with a friend driving my car for me. After a 7 hour clean up, new tires front and back, new bars and better grips and foot pegs here is the 2007 Nightster with 6,000 miles on the odometer now...

I was amazed at the shape of this thing. 7 years old and 6,000 miles? You've got to be kidding. And it has all the stuff already on it! Need a bit of tweaking in the tuning department but not bid deal. I ordered the Mustang Cafe Seat for it and the V&H Optional "Quiet Baffles" for it today. And I still have some cleaning to do on the engine but overall I think it looks pretty darn good. Now I'm not so sure about cafe-ing it out. I leaning toward leaving it as it is......

so, whaddya think? Not too shabbyy for an AR-15 and two grand, huh? Plus I still have my Forty Eight!

Last edited by nauzerlvr; 02-24-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by nauzerlvr
We made an agreement on the trade for the gun for the nightster. Here's the deal on the bike. It was original bought in Alabama by someone that added rear foot pegs for a passenger, the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather, a Vance and Hines Fuel Pack and the Short Shots Staggered. He also added shorter Progressive Rear shocks and Harley Davidson LED accent lights and some really shitty bar grips. Obviously he decided he no longer wanted the bike or perhaps something scared him because he sold it to the guy that I bought it from. He bought it and let it sit in his workshop intending to ride it bu never got around to actually doing it. He finally decided it was taking up too room in his shop (he's building two cars, one of which is a '32 Roadster Saweet! he advertised it on Craigslist where I saw it and contacted him about the "trade" he might be interested in. Anyway, the bike was filthy having obviously never being washed or cleaned in 7 years! Battery was almost dead and the tires looked like the first guy rode it without proper tire inflation because the back tire did not have good tread on it.

It cranked and with the V&H SS installed was pretty loud. We traded and I rode the bike home ( right at 50 miles) with a friend driving my car for me. After a 7 hour clean up, new tires front and back, new bars and better grips and foot pegs here is the 2007 Nightster with 6,000 miles on the odometer now...

I was amazed at the shape of this thing. 7 years old and 6,000 miles? You've got to be kidding. And it has all the stuff already on it! Need a bit of tweaking in the tuning department but not bid deal. I ordered the Mustang Cafe Seat for it and the V&H Optional "Quiet Baffles" for it today. And I still have some cleaning to do on the engine but overall I think it looks pretty darn good. Now I'm not so sure about cafe-ing it out. I leaning toward leaving it as it is......

so, whaddya think? Not too shabbyy for an AR-15 and two grand, huh? Plus I still have my Forty Eight!
Nice! Didn't have to trade the pistol too?

Old 02-24-2014, 08:13 PM
nauzerlvr
Cruiser

[QUOTE=slyedog;12365242]Nice! Didn't have to trade the pistol too?[/

Oh you're right, the pistol was part of the trade too. I forget about that. So I have about $4000 in it.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks brand new. Good trade.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Jumpman23
Intermediate

I don't think it looks clean and shiny enough. Nice find...

Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
mopeman-72HD
Tourer

Nice color!!! She looks good!

Old 02-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Blackhawk48
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome deal man! Congrats

Old 02-24-2014, 11:00 PM
harleynightster09