Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

active military members please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Unimoose
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not interested in the windshield at all, it probably won't even fit my bike but this may help with ID'ing who's military or not...

The individual should have a .mil E mail address. In the case of Army folks their E mail is their name @us.army.mil Non-military folks can get them but they have to be related to a soldier to do it. I'm fairly positive other branches have their own .mil addresses as well.

The front of their ID card should only reflect their name, rank, branch and ID expiration and issue date. A scanned copy of the front would be proof they are active military as well.

If all else fails a uniform picture would work as well.

What you are doing is very cool, best of luck!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks unimoose, that is the 2nd time that has been suggested to me so i will listen to you guys.... anyone who wants it just present your military id for verification

thanks guys

Old 08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member

another bump.....any one of you military guys who have friends that are active or anyone who has family active we could us them too, i guess it doesn't need to be a forum member, just email me at cbcarpenters@yahoo.com with yr military address

Old 08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PM Sent

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bald1der
PM Sent

cool beans! Ron is our man i hope ya enjoy the windshield and get to take mama on lots a rides.

thanks for keepin us all safe

chris

Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 PM
jknowlton
Road Master

congrats!

Old 09-05-2009, 07:55 AM
VACharvel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris:

From a Retired Marine, this is a very cool gesture from yourself and LRS...

The .mil e-mail is a good starting point, but many services or stations/bases have clamped down on non-DOD websites outside so they may or may not have access to this site during the day...

The USMC has recently banned and blocked sites such as MySpace, Facebook and others from their systems with SEVERE penalties to those who break the rules or try to circumvent them...

Old 09-05-2009, 01:08 PM
jknowlton
Road Master

Originally Posted by VACharvel
Chris:

From a Retired Marine, this is a very cool gesture from yourself and LRS...

The .mil e-mail is a good starting point, but many services or stations/bases have clamped down on non-DOD websites outside so they may or may not have access to this site during the day...

The USMC has recently banned and blocked sites such as MySpace, Facebook and others from their systems with SEVERE penalties to those who break the rules or try to circumvent them...
You can access your .mil address from any computer, doesnt have to be on the mil network..so if they have internet access at home, and they know about this site, otherwise they wouldnt be making a request for a product, then they would have access to their .mil address also.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 PM
acog
Stage I

not interested in the windshield, i got a deuce so ya know. Thanks for the consideration and support though brother.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:12 AM
troy.j
Road Captain

Originally Posted by old skool1983
I don't know how to tell for sure if someone is in the military on the internet (if anyone has an idea on how to do that so we can make sure a military member gets it let me know) so this will be on an honor system.
Chris aka old skool1983
Require the person claiming it to send you an email from a military email address. At least you would know that they work for the DOD...

Quick Reply: active military members please read